Wiggle and Ready2Ride

NWLondoner
NWLondoner Posts: 2,047
edited February 2008 in The bottom bracket
Ok it looks like i'm going to give into temptation and buy myself a new bike from wiggle.

I am going to get the Focus Corrente 2008 http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ProductDetail.aspx?Cat=cycle&ProdID=5360032384&N=Focus%20Corrente%202008 as it seems to have the best compromise between a road bike (lightness,stiffness,narrow tyres) with the upright position of a MTB.

What has you experience of their ready2ride been?

Were the bikes correctly and safely set-up, and was their any damage in transit?

After seeing what happened to bikes being delivered by a certain courier company (big green parcel machine) i am slightly worried about it getting damaged. I know i can always send it back but getting time off work is a complete hassle.

Comments

• I brought myself a focus cayo in january. It arrived and was not damaged.

I'll I had to do was strighted the handlebars, put my pedals on and adjust the seat height. It has riden perfectly since I brought it, although I'm mostly using my winter bike at the moment.

I have no negative comments regarding buying from wiggle.
  • djb1971
    djb1971 Posts: 565
    When my killer bee arrived from Wiggle everything was set up perfectly, even the torque settings. You just turn the bars, tighten them and add pedals. Mine came with a little multi tool for tightening the stem bolts and a pretty good pedal spanner. All gears were adjusted right and the bike was packaged securely.
    They recommend not accepting the bike if the box is damaged but you could always open it in front of the courier to check it.
  • NWLondoner
    NWLondoner Posts: 2,047
    which courier delivered your bikes?
  • djb1971
    djb1971 Posts: 565
    Citylink
  • Harry B
    Harry B Posts: 1,239
    Same as the others have said. Just turn the bars, put on the pedals and away you go. I got my checked my the LBS after about a month but there wasn't much for them to do.
  • Had 3 bikes now from woggle, and all perfect except for having to re-align the handlebars and fit proper pedals. Both of which I fully expected to do. Plus they all came on the day they said they would, and that was in both case within 48 hours of placing the order. IME only chainreaction are as quick and efficient (for online orders anway).