Excuses at A&E

Mithras
Mithras Posts: 428
edited February 2008 in The bottom bracket
Probably going to have to visit the local A&E fairly soon due to injuries sustained.
Now Question is do I impress the nurses by telling them that reason my right thumb is varying shades of purple/blue/yellow and green is because someone tried to take it off with a viking sword and that my knee is the size of a distended football because I was trying to avoid a large bloke with a Dane axe and the force of the blow on my shield twisted my knee.......or do I lie!

Owwwwwwwww being a viking is awwwfully wuffff! :oops:
I can afford to talk softly!....................I carry a big stick!

Comments

• If you was doing re-enactment then I would suggest that telling the nurse you were actually hurt performing a sex act on a papier-mâché model of Jeremy Clarkson would be somewhat less embarrassing.
  • Mithras
    We're not the sealed Knot you know!
  • If you was doing re-enactment then I would suggest that telling the nurse you were actually hurt performing a sex act on a papier-mâché model of Jeremy Clarkson would be somewhat less embarrassing.

:lol::lol::lol:
    I was only joking when I said
    by rights you should be bludgeoned in your bed
  • Perhaps Bizarre ER will be interested?
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    Mithras wrote:
    Probably going to have to visit the local A&E fairly soon due to injuries sustained.
    Now Question is do I impress the nurses by telling them that reason my right thumb is varying shades of purple/blue/yellow and green is because someone tried to take it off with a viking sword and that my knee is the size of a distended football because I was trying to avoid a large bloke with a Dane axe and the force of the blow on my shield twisted my knee.......or do I lie!

Owwwwwwwww being a viking is awwwfully wuffff! :oops:

If it's anything like A&E round here then I'd lie and say you did it in some bog standard boring day to day activity.

Any injury caused through sport or having fun tends to get the "self inflicted, sit in waiting room for hours treatment" in these parts.
  • Whatever you tell them, make sure you tell the triage person that you were unconscious for a bit straight after it happened: head injury = instant service :wink:
  • vermooten
    vermooten Posts: 2,697
    Mithras.... oh Mithras... is there a connection between taking part in re-enactments and thinking that tales of re-enactment will impress the nurses? I work in IT where the mind-set is similar.

How about you got your injuries during a protest against animal experimentation or while saving a child from a burning car.
    You just have to ride like you never have to breathe again.

Manchester Wheelers
  • ...consider going to your GP first, its what they are there for
  • Mithras
    vermooten wrote:
    Mithras.... oh Mithras... is there a connection between taking part in re-enactments and thinking that tales of re-enactment will impress the nurses? I work in IT where the mind-set is similar.

How about you got your injuries while saving a child from a burning car.

No that's my day job!

RAF Doctor did look slightly disbelievingly at me when I told her I had been attacked by a Viking
  • proto
    proto Posts: 1,483
    Ieuanllan wrote:
    Whatever you tell them, make sure you tell the triage person that you were unconscious for a bit straight after it happened: head injury = instant service :wink:

Not in the John Radcliffe, Oxford it isn't.

Wife suffered head injury in a fall from her bike, waited three hours before she got to see a doc. Triage nurse worse than useless. Wife ended up in surgery having her upper jaw and cheekbone screwed and plated back together.
  • ...consider going to your GP first, its what they are there for
    Poor chap probably can't wait a week to get an appointment. GP will only refer him to hospital anyway. :roll:
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.