Bugger

chronyx
chronyx Posts: 455
edited February 2008 in Road beginners
Stacked it last night :(

Going round Chertsey roundabout and just lost the front, had a weird spidey sense that something was amiss seconds before it happened (Have had that on motorbikes before as well... :? ) so I just went limp as it happened.

Scratched the brake levers and the rear dérailleur mechanism but it's come off much better than I thought.

I had to bend the right hand side small gear lever inwards a bit but other than some new bartape it seems to be only cosmetic.

I have a classy new 2 inch graze on my hip :twisted:

Really scuffed and stained my Altura night vision which I am really pissed off about though. That was bloody expensive.
2007 Giant SCR2 - 'BFG'

Gone but not forgotten!:
2005 Specialized Hardrock Sport - 'Red Rocket'

Comments

• huggy
    huggy Posts: 242
    Thats unlucky buddy, I think most riders have that 6th sense when they're about to go down.
  • We've all done it!
    Its quite funny to look back on when theres 4 of you out for a ride and 3 of you go down, and your just sat in the road wondering what happened!
  • chronyx
    chronyx Posts: 455
    Heh :D

I was so gutted when I thought I may have broken the shifters the bike shop said "Don't break these...they're bloody expensive!" about, but then seem to be tougher than they look 8)

It's first 'scars' :D
    2007 Giant SCR2 - 'BFG'

Gone but not forgotten!:
    2005 Specialized Hardrock Sport - 'Red Rocket'
  • Bummer; I fell off my new LeMond Zurich on my 2nd ride the same way, losing the front on a bend - going too fast for the conditions I guess :oops:

Ripped my jacket, trashed one glove and have some very nice gravel rash on top of the scrapped break lever.

I guess stuff only ever stays perfect if you don't use it.

I will now slow down on bends until the roads dry up a bit ...
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    chronyx wrote:
    Stacked it last night :(

Going round Chertsey roundabout and just lost the front
    Ditto...............tonight on the way home down a country lane, misjudged a tight bend. Stupid thing is, I ride the same route proabably twice a week.

Not sure if it's just me, but the air seemed really damp tonight and there was a lot of early dew on the road that made my back wheel slip a few times when I was out of the saddle.............should have got the hint.

Sore elbow, sore hip, small tear in my (thankfully old) Assos jacket and furious with myself. :twisted:
  • willbevan
    willbevan Posts: 1,241
    did that thursday night, went out on my MTB with slicks and disc brakes ratherthan my road bike, doing a lovely hill....

Braked heavily before going in to a long sleeping turn which i misjudged only slighty and for some stupid reason because i was ediging outinto the road slightly(would of gone round fine but on the wrong sideofthe road,but could seeno traffic),i taped the rear brake, em dam! disc brakes didnt help and woosh i was gone,my inexperience...

Loss ofskin on my wrist, and nearmy elbow:S
    Road - BTwin Sport 2 16s
    MTB - Trek Fuel 80
    TT - Echelon

http://www.rossonwye.cyclists.co.uk/