Ashes 2 Ashes again...

Comments

• grayo59
    grayo59 Posts: 722
    I didn't think they could top Life on Mars but they have!

"As much chance as Michael Foot has of being p.m!" :D
    I would really quite like an Audi Quattro, very 8)
  • Episode 1 was lame.
    I nearly switched off halfway through episode 2.

What an improvement. I'm re-addicted.
    Whoever it was that said, "Give it a chance, it'll get better," 2 weeks ago. Thank you. You were right.
  • Random Vince
    Random Vince Posts: 11,374
    has there only been two eppisodes aired?

i'm working on BBC iplayer so no idea what's been broardcast and when, just went to look for eppisode three (watched episode two last week) but couldn't find it

have i managed to watch one that was on BBC 2 and the other on BBC 3 somehow?
    My signature was stolen by a moose

that will be all

trying to get GT James banned since tuesday
  • Random Vince
    thankyou :D

that will be all

• It was rreally good last night, better than life on Mars. And she does look a bit like JB.
    Dan
  • Random Vince
    what was the very end bit of eppisode 3?

BBC i player cut it off!!!!!!!!!!! nooooooo

that will be all

• Really?
    That was the best bit. It was amazing.
  • huggy
    huggy Posts: 242
    Iplayer cut it off for me as well, luckily I had it recorded on my tv tuner though so it wasn't too much of a problem
  • Call me picky if you like, but I don't like the idea of cramming everything we associate with the 80s into the series, so that we all assume the whole decade was full of yuppies etc. Now, I wasn't born in 1981, but did women really dress like that in offices, nevermind the police??? (I'm not complaining. Just observing).
  • pdstsp
    pdstsp Posts: 1,264
    Sing for Absolution - not born in 1981 - b****rd.

Yes they did dress like that - yuppies really came into their own as the decade progressed - I think the whole point of cramming it all in in so that sad old buggers like me and Mrs pdstsp can sit and sing along and go "sh*t did we really look like that" and then think the whole things great. Pure enterainment.

And I agree with the Joe Bugner thing.
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    I also think the Quatro was a year or two later than 81...... :shock: Car saddo on the quiet !
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    Ohh stand corrected 1980 - didn't see one though for a few years
  • It's where my signature is from... :lol:
    MySpace
    All fur coat and no knickers....
  • Random Vince
    the long wheel based quatro (which Gene hunt has in the series) was 1980, the short wheel base was slightly later

due to the 205 rally car scaring the german giant :P

that will be all

• popette
    popette Posts: 2,089
    I watched all three episodes last night on iplayer whilst doing a marathon ironing and sock pairing session. Loved it! Breville Toastie machines - ha - remember them? They used to get sooooo manky.

I never watched life on mars and always felt I'd missed out. Were there two series of that show?
  • Random Vince
    popette wrote:
    I watched all three episodes last night on iplayer whilst doing a marathon ironing and sock pairing session. Loved it! Breville Toastie machines - ha - remember them? They used to get sooooo manky.

I never watched life on mars and always felt I'd missed out. Were there two series of that show?

yes, there were two series of life on mars

that will be all

• "...are you a C or a D cup..." My thoughts too Gene...

Not the finest quote but a good story (for ashes anyway) tonight.
  • DCI Gene Hunt confesses all about the Audi Quattro here (& drools over the R8!)

And if you want to see some more of Keely Hawes - yum

:D
    Ride On ...
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709

Really?
    That was the 1970s one and the 2007 one was it?
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • spen666 wrote:

Really?
    That was the 1970s one and the 2007 one was it?

:?:

I saw both series when broadcast and have bought the box sets. Just viewed the first one again and about to start the second.

If anything it is better second time round.
    1892 Posts: 1,690
    And if you want to see some more of Keely Hawes - yum

:D[/quote]

Thank you
    Justice for the 96
  • Burton
    Burton Posts: 172
    Tonights opening 5 mins were simply awesome, never mind what was going on in the storyline, there were some great oneliners in there!

Some people get pick of the pops - I get pick of the tw*ts!

Bum Conkers - they're getting away guv!

and the best......

All hail the mighty QUATTRO!
  • I'm not enjoying this one as much as Life on Mars sadly. Love the soundtrack though. 8)
  • The story lines are actually stronger then LoM, although the characters are even more unbelievable, so I guess its balanced out.
  • bagpusscp
    bagpusscp Posts: 2,907
    Now then, us older site members could post links to pictures of the 70'/80' s .

I have loads of pictures . My Mark 1 Opel Manta with slot mags etc been my pride and joy at the time I also had a Van which was fur lined :twisted: It had warfdale speakers fitted in it .I am talking home hi fi size here. :shock: 8) . I will have to get myself a scanner first ,so watch this space. :lol:
    bagpuss
  • popette
    popette Posts: 2,089
    bagpusscp wrote:
    Now then, us older site members could post links to pictures of the 70'/80' s .

I have loads of pictures . My Mark 1 Opel Manta with slot mags etc been my pride and joy at the time I also had a Van which was fur lined :twisted: It had warfdale speakers fitted in it .I am talking home hi fi size here. :shock: 8) . I will have to get myself a scanner first ,so watch this space. :lol:

A fur lined van!!! LUSH! :lol::lol::lol:
    Did you line it yourself? what colour fur?
  • bagpusscp
    bagpusscp Posts: 2,907
    Yes all my own handy work Blue {fake} fur on sides and roof .You could play a guitar :!: through to sound system 8) 25 watt pa LOUD . Loads of fun .Great for parties in pub car parks. Rural Derbyshire back then, was like something out of the Dukes of Hazard. :)
    bagpuss