Ride Music

huggy
huggy Posts: 242
edited February 2008 in The bottom bracket
I'm trying to put some good tracks together for training, what are your favourite training songs?

I like Mass Destruction by Orson and the Chilis

Comments

• geoff_ss
    geoff_ss Posts: 1,201
    For me - none! When I'm out on my bike I want to enjoy the countryside in all its aspects. I don't need music for that.

Geoff
    Old cyclists never die; they just fit smaller chainrings ... and pedal faster
  • huggy
    Fair enough mate, I find doing laps of the same area does get tedious after a while, though there is hardly anywhere to ride near me
  • Sacha Distel, Johnny Mathis, Jack Jones, Gene Pitney ......easy listening for easy riding :D
  • bagpusscp
    bagpusscp Posts: 2,907
    Rolling stones any time. Gimme shelter is a must .
    bagpuss
  • huggy
    yeah the stones are probably quite good when riding
  • one the commute to work i listen to the local tinpot radio station.

but when training its a mixture of queen, sex pistols and motorhead(the latter for the climbs if i time it right)
  • RiRi
    RiRi Posts: 49
    I'm too scared I won't hear a lorry about to hit me when I'm out on my bike but when i'm running I find Red Hot Chilli Peppers (Californication and By The Way) work for me. Also The Fray - How to Save a Life.

James Blunt came to my rescue yesterday though on my turbo. I wasn't in the mood for playing 'Hamster on a wheel' but managed 15 miles thanks to J B.
    I have a triple and I'm not afraid to use it.
  • When I am riding I like to start off with something slow. Then build up the momentum over the course of a few songs till I'm riding really hard to some hard core techno......then back down again.

On the bike, I am a bit scared of the traffic. Hope this helps......

I'll get my coat!
  • huggy
    yeah definitely good to build up to something really fast then slow it down with some rock, thanks for all your ideas, keep 'em coming
  • if i ever put tunes on out on the road i only use 1 earphone usually kerb side 1 so you can hear stuff coming etc
  • Random Vince
    Random Vince Posts: 11,374
    i'm someone else who doesn't like not being able to hear whats about to hit him.

theres a few junctions near me where I have to rely on my hearing to check if anything is coming as relying purely on sight leaves it too late.

[that doesn't mean i don't look btw]
    My signature was stolen by a moose

that will be all

trying to get GT James banned since tuesday
  • skims
    skims Posts: 7
    i use the chillis or foo fighters on the faster rides use the eagles or johny cash on the slower ones works for me.i still here all d road traffic although i dont use the ones dat go into your ear they sit on the outsde look strange with a wooly hate do
  • Prodigy are great for Hard Intervals or Climbing.
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    Find somewhere else to live - for me it's the sound of the tyres singing away on the tarmac !

Music...bahhhh..not good for safety and traffic judging !
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    Mainly house and trance for me.

Rank1, Armin van Buuren, Mauro Picotto, CRW, Solid Sessions, MInimalistix and Tiesto etc. but some Sigur Ros, Rob Dougan, The Killers, Green Day and some Ennio Morricone thrown in for good measure.
  • Went to the gym the other day and forgot my i-pod, which usually means being subjected to Euro-pop that could drive you insane (or exacerbate the insanity you've already been driven to y feeling like a hamster in a wheel). However, for some unkonown reason, as I started spinning Scooter's "Logical Song" stopped halfway through and was replaced by some AC/DC for the rest of my session. :D:D
  • For those about to ride...we salute you 8) :lol: .....can't beat some good old rock :D [Zep, Lizzy,Sabs, AC/DC, Motorhead etc]
    "With just a little luck
    A little cold blue steel
    I'll cut the night like a razor blade
    Till I feel the way I wanna feel"
    [Cheap Trick]
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    I was listening to Lynyrd Skynyrd this morning, freebird certainly put on an extra few mph
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    It wouldn't be my normal cup of musical tea, but I find these very good for turbo and fast-paced road sessions:

http://www.djsteveboy.com/podrunner.html
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • Adamskii
    Adamskii Posts: 267
    Music is essential for the Turbo trainer and for that I usually listen to the Foo Fighters or the Chemical Brothers or something to get me angry and ready for pain.
    It's all good.