Cannondale CAAD5

dogllabtoof
dogllabtoof Posts: 52
edited February 2008 in Road beginners
I have found this bike on e-bay and am wondering what would be the maximum i should bid on it. Looks like it has 105 groupset.
Im pretty new to cycling and dont want to get ripped off. I was thinking around £400, would this be reasonable?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0199786968

Any help wpold be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    I would say that £400 is a bargain considering that its £799 for the same bike at evans, looks like a rather nice bike too..
    cartoon.jpg
  • I have just bought this bike for £400, plus £25 postage.

Seems like a good deal to me. What do you guys think?

Any thoughts on the bike itself?

I will have the balls to join my local club now i think. Didnt want to turn up on my crappy claud butler :oops:

Cheers
  • You won't be disappointed. CAAD5 frames are lively and responsive. I absolutely loved mine and was very sad to trade it in (upgraded to the Cannondale Six13). CAAD5 with 105 is a very good bike. It will give back every effort you put into the pedal stroke two fold and feels solid and reliable in either a flat out sprint or tearing downhill. I was told that riders on CAAD5 frames in the late 90's early 00's set records and won stages on CAAD5 frames. I love the way the down tube cones out to the oversized bottom bracket and if you knock the tube with you fingernail or a key you can hear the aluminium gets thinner on its way down... brillant stuff.

£400 is a very good price. Well done.... you'll love it.
    Every winner has scars.
  • Thanks for that, was pretty sure it was a good deal, but as im new to this wanted to know that i hadnt wasted my money. Should be with me on Tuesday, cant wait :D

Thanks
  • ColinJ
    ColinJ Posts: 2,218
    The red bike you can see in my avatar is my CAAD5 Cannondale and I love it :D . To cheer you up even further - I paid £500 just for the frame and forks! That was a few years back, mind you.