Noo Noob in East Kent

Noo Noo
Noo Noo Posts: 14
edited February 2008 in MTB beginners
Just wanted to drop a note saying hi!

New to this forum lark and just back in the saddle after a year (or three) off doing family stuff.
Living in Ramsgate (East Kent) and getting out as much as I can but looking for decent local rides and riders. Fitness is iffy at the mo but it is slowly coming back to me.

Also, have plenty of time midweek to ride so if anyone fancies showing me round routes like Blean woods or Rough Common, I will do my best to keep up!

Riding my trusty Merlin Malt disc - 5 years old and it still has never let me down. £550 very well spent.

Looking forward to contributing where I can!

Hear from y'all soon.
Keep it locked or be distressed!

Comments

• merlin malt - certainly was a good choice and i'm still hearing many recommend it today.
    'fraid i'm not from over that side of the world but enjoy the forum :)
  • Panter
    Panter Posts: 299
    Welcome Noo Noo 8)

There's a ride Wednesday evening at Blean, check out the thread in the Rides forum.

My fitness is iffy at best TBH so don't worry about keeping up with me :oops: :lol:

Cheers

Chris :)
    Racing snakes. It's not big, and it's not clever ;)
  • Cheers Panter

Wednesday evening in Blean suggests darkness. Not sure my single Cateye would be up to it!

Damn, looks like I'm gonna be looking at Wiggle today!

Any suggestions about lights? Don't really want to pay hundreds!
  • Hello and welcome. 8)

I'm quite new on here too. It's really handy for information and stuff.

Enjoy your stay! :lol:
    MySpace
    All fur coat and no knickers....
  • impished
    impished Posts: 1,092
    Hi Noo Noo,

Have a look at the Kent thread for lots of info/links/pics, etc of Blean, Bedgebury, BBH and others.
    As you'll see it's a VERY :shock: active thread, and we manage quite a few get-togethers. We have a nice mix of fitness/experience levels and above all we all have fun, 8) and welcome/encourage ALL to come and say "Hi!"

Check my gallery for some pics of a few of us (and some Bedgebury MUD)
    Would be good to meet you at the next ride.
  • Cheers for the welcome Impished!

I think I will come along to your next weekend ride. Not sure I want to tackle a night ride in unknown territory just yet!

Any ideas where this weekend will be?
  • Think I may be joining you shortly for a ride chaps...

From Ramsgate and am looking forward to some good local riding..... getting my bike finished off so should be imminent......

:D
  • impished
    impished Posts: 1,092
    NOO NOO wrote:
    I think I will come along to your next weekend ride. Not sure I want to tackle a night ride in unknown territory just yet!

Have a look here to keep up-to-date about where and when we're riding next.

I think we're probably gonna go back to The Lookout at Bluebell Hill.
    CHEESEY wrote:
    Think I may be joining you shortly for a ride chaps...
    Great.

See ya both soon.... (any others?)