Cycling.tv California coverage

afx237vi
afx237vi Posts: 12,630
edited February 2008 in Pro race
Has anyone got it working to a watchable level yet? I keep getting timed out / internal server errors. I got it working for about 10 seconds then it froze and went black :evil:

Comments

• It's rubbish isnt it? I thought maybe it was my conection that was too slow or something but if everyone else is having problems aswel at least it's not just me. Ive got it playing now but the picture is really grey, the contrast is all wrong and it's American commentary :roll:
  • afx237vi
    I got it working by using the free channel instead of the premium one. Work that one out! Picture quality at 400k is watchable, but not great. The sound is RUBBISH.
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    wont work at all for me. If it doesn't improve there'll be no renewal from me come april.

Strava is not Zen.
  • I'm watching ok on the free channel.

Good show from the Brits.........
    Brighton promoted 2004, Sussex Champs 2003, all downhill from here...
  • ...although Cancellara in different league to the rest.

Awesome peformance - shame I couldn't get the sound to work!

Is there much advantage in getting the 'paid for' option generally? I usually find the freeview is just about ok.
    Brighton promoted 2004, Sussex Champs 2003, all downhill from here...
  • afx237vi
    Squiggsy wrote:
    ...although Cancellara in different league to the rest.

Awesome peformance - shame I couldn't get the sound to work!

Is there much advantage in getting the 'paid for' option generally? I usually find the freeview is just about ok.

You can (usually) get a feed of 1200kpbs, which is virtually TV quality. And I think there's less load on the premium servers too, so there's less buffering / breakup.

Great performances by Slipstream and High Horse in the prologue though, good to see.
  • Is there coverage that is only on Premium, or do they have low bandwidth freeview options for all streams?
    Also, do the Premium channels have a low bandwidth option too? My slow connection would not give me better than 250kbps whatever the available stream.
  • cabron
    cabron Posts: 16
    I couldn't get the cycling.tv feed to work at all - but in case you didn't know the official website is also supplying live coverage, I had no problems at all with that, although the viewing window is a bit small :

www.amgentourofcalifornia.com
  • Ste_S
    Ste_S Posts: 1,173
    Sound quality was appaling on Cycling.tv last night, I ended up switching over to the official site
  • mdg1157
    mdg1157 Posts: 222
    I took a subscription to the premium channel last year , won't be renewing it this year!!
    Couldn't get more than 20 seconds last night without buffring or freezing, and what the h*ll is all this two window open business to simply watch a video??
    It's one of the most diificult sites to use, not straightforward at all.
    Was much better a couple of years ago!!
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    I switched it on just when Cipo put in a magnificent ride, couldn't manage much more than 4 minutes of the poor quality sound feed though.

At least I saw the great Cipo ride.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • scwxx77
    scwxx77 Posts: 1,469
    Sound is still poor tonight but we've got British commentary.
    Winner: PTP Vuelta 2007 :wink:
  • skut
    skut Posts: 371
    the feeds are sorted tonight but the host broadcaster needs to sort it out...
  • afx237vi
    The feed is much better tonight. And it's good to have Brian and whatshisface back doing the commentary. Ambient sound is still rubbish but I guess that's not cycling.tv's fault.