what wheels

Felix-da-house-mouse
edited March 2008 in Road beginners
currently running fulcrum racing 7's with shimano 105 groupset but i'm looking to upgrade the rims want to spend between £100 - £300

any recommendations?
felix's bike

pedal like you stole something!!!

Comments

• redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Campag Zondas
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • currently running fulcrum racing 7's with shimano 105 groupset but i'm looking to upgrade the rims want to spend between £100 - £300

any recommendations?

What will you use them for ?
  • Mog Uk
    Mog Uk Posts: 964
    Campag Zondas

Agreed........ light, spin up fast, good on the hills and solid... and they look the nuts....

252385460_i5Fy9-M-1.jpg
  • blackhands wrote:
    currently running fulcrum racing 7's with shimano 105 groupset but i'm looking to upgrade the rims want to spend between £100 - £300

any recommendations?

What will you use them for ?

general road useage really, i use the same bike for training as i plan to do some tt's on.
    felix's bike

• i presume zonda's will go fine with shimano groupset yeah?
    felix's bike

• acorn_user
    acorn_user Posts: 1,137
    Just remember that Fulcrum 7's are a 100 pounds or so wheelset. So you'll need to spend a fair bit to get something that justifies to cost.
  • Garybee
    Garybee Posts: 815
    I'm also impressed with Zondas, a very good wheel for the money, I have a pair on my race bike.

And yes, you can get them with a Shimano freehub.

Hypocrisy is only a bad thing in other people.
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    Haven't ridden them but at £280(ish) there's Reynolds Solitude.

Only mentioned them as I saw Epic are offering them on their SE version of the Izoard in lieu of Fulcrum 3's if you so wish.

If I didn't already own a set of semi-aeros I'd be interested myself (the Reynolds are quoted at 300g lighter than mine :roll:).
  • Lagavulin wrote:
    Haven't ridden them but at £280(ish) there's Reynolds Solitude.

Only mentioned them as I saw Epic are offering them on their SE version of the Izoard in lieu of Fulcrum 3's if you so wish.

If I didn't already own a set of semi-aeros I'd be interested myself (the Reynolds are quoted at 300g lighter than mine :roll:).

Fulcrum Racing 1, if you cannot stretch that far get a pair of racing 3's.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,775
    These puppies here: http://www.shinybikes.com/bikes/campagnolo-zonda-wheels-pair-2008.html

is this the best price for them - seems to be....?

Allegedly my Felt has Shimano WH-R500 wheels fitted, but my rims are all black, and on the brochure pictures of the bike, and wheels googled seperately, it clearly shows 'Shimano' round the edge, where it isn't black.

Does that mean I have different wheels, and how would I find out what make/model they are, would it say inside the rim maybe, under the tyre?
    I haven't actually looked in detail, so it may be it is blatant, but I certainly never noticed any identification whilst cleaning the bike, and only now when I think about maybe upgrading do I need to find out, as otherwise it might be downgrading!

Dan
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18