Scott Speedsters any good?

jon208
jon208 Posts: 335
edited February 2008 in Road beginners
Hi
I'm just getting into road biking and have been looking at the Scott Speedster range of bikes. I've got a Scott Genius RC20 MTB which is the best bike I've ever had so am very happy with the quality of the brand. After doing a search I can't find much about Scott road bikes, do they make decent road bikes or am I better off going for somthing like a Bianchi etc?

Regards
Jon

Comments

• allen
    allen Posts: 214
    I have an Scott S40 and love it . Got a good deal on it but would be happy with the same again. Finish on weld/joints IMHO is neater than on some similar price bikes. Changed saddle and brake pads but all else is 100 %
  • Ste_S
    Ste_S Posts: 1,173
    They seem ok.

However a couple of things to bear in mind. They seem slightly more expensive than other brands of an equivalent spec, and I've not heard good things about their frame warranty.
  • ru--
    ru-- Posts: 27
    I've got a 2007 S20. Got a pretty good deal after an un-named online retailer messed up my order... Very happy with it - fast, light and responsive with pretty good kit. This year's models look pretty nice too.
  • ratty2k
    ratty2k Posts: 3,872
    I had one a while ago, only reason I changed it was due to the very poor roads round here, and the urge to go up bridleways when out on the roady..... hence me getting a Kaffenback...... Back on topic- excellent quality, and as for frame warrenty..... I dont think I've heard of a better company. There are reports of frame failures on the Scott Ransom MTB's (ally framed) and in all cases the frame has been upgraded to a carbon on under warrenty. I assume that Scott have sorted out any possible design issues by now.
    My Pics !

Whadda ya mean I dont believe in god?
    I talk to him everyday....