High Road are in the Giro

rdaviesb
rdaviesb Posts: 566
edited February 2008 in Pro race

Comments

• Yup, it;s nice to see the Giro taking the high road. The reasons aren't known why. Maybe H.R. committed better riders.

Also, Velonews ponders, "It was not immediately clear whether any other teams left off the initial list will now be invited, or which, if any, teams will be left out to make room for High Road."
    www.steephill.tv bike travelogue
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Team High Road - the USA's ProTour squad

Even though Stapleton is from the US, I thought they were a German registered team? Or is this the Yanks trying to give themselves a ProTour team?
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Team High Road - the USA's ProTour squad

Even though Stapleton is from the US, I thought they were a German registered team? Or is this the Yanks trying to give themselves a ProTour team?

High Road just switched to the U.S.
    www.steephill.tv bike travelogue
  • micron
    micron Posts: 1,843
    So the only 2 PT teams left out of the Giro are both French - so I assume there'll be widespread indigantion about that decision....hmm, thought not :roll:
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    micron wrote:
    So the only 2 PT teams left out of the Giro are both French - so I assume there'll be widespread indigantion about that decision....hmm, thought not :roll:

And Astana.
  • victorponf
    victorponf Posts: 1,187
    I hope Giro Changes his decision and allow Contador to go, i dream with a Contador´s "doblete" Giro-Vuelta showing the ridiculous Tour decision

Sorry for my bad english
    If you like Flandes, Roubaix or Eroica, you would like GP Canal de Castilla, www.gpcanaldecastilla.com
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    victorponf wrote:
    I hope Giro Changes his decision and allow Contador to go, i dream with a Contador´s "doblete" Giro-Vuelta showing the ridiculous Tour decision

Sorry for my bad english

I personally don't think the Giro will miss him.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • afx237vi wrote:
    micron wrote:

And Astana.
    Aren't they pro continental?
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    victorponf wrote:

On the contrary, if he was to win both it would add further proof to me just how sound the decision was...
  • nwallace
    nwallace Posts: 1,465
    andy_wrx wrote:
    victorponf wrote:

On the contrary, if he was to win both it would add further proof to me just how sound the decision was...

As in, He's not French and he is going to win? :P
    Do Nellyphants count?

Commuter: FCN 9
    Cheapo Roadie: FCN 5
    Off Road: FCN 11

+1 when I don't get round to shaving for x days
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    Nooo.

C'mon, who's French and likely to win the Tour ? Old Man Moreau ?

No, if Contador were to storm up every hill and dominate both the Giro and the Vuelta, I'd want to know what he'd had for breakfast...
  • victorponf
    victorponf Posts: 1,187
    andy_wrx wrote:
    Nooo.

No, if Contador were to storm up every hill and dominate both the Giro and the Vuelta, I'd want to know what he'd had for breakfast...

Sure the same that most of riders.....and other sportmans, we can´t be blind, professional sport=doping, everybody wants to win, even in golf there are doping (stabilizer to avoid shaking hand, tranquilizers...)

And in cycling is the better controled (what sports have blood test? Cycling and maybe atletis a swiming)
    If you like Flandes, Roubaix or Eroica, you would like GP Canal de Castilla, www.gpcanaldecastilla.com
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    afx237vi wrote:
    micron wrote:

And Astana.
    Aren't they pro continental?

No, still Pro Tour. Not that that makes a blind bit of difference any more.
  • andy_wrx wrote:
    Nooo.