Time Trials: Reasonable Starting Time for 10 miles?

2»

Comments

• Guyzie
    Guyzie Posts: 79
    Hey Musto,
    Does the rest of the fleet know you're getting yourself fit with all this biking?
    Surely that isn't allowed;-)

G
  • Guyzie
    Just read your profile, I had already guessed it was you Rick:-)

No, I haven't sold the 700 yet, but will get a MPS at some point.
    Cheers,
    Guy
  • Guyzie wrote:
    Just read your profile, I had already guessed it was you Rick:-)

No, I haven't sold the 700 yet, but will get a MPS at some point.
    Cheers,
    Guy

Hi Guy, fancy bumping into you here.

I have to keep upping my game if I am going to stay in front of Sten :D

regards,

Rick

PS : Trouble is now you'll have trouble shifting the & whilst MPSs are going like hot cakes ... what biking do you get upto?
  • Guyzie
    Mind you don't lose too much weight.

I'm mainly getting out on the road for a hour or so two or three times during the week and/or spinning sessions (the joy of working from home) depending on the weather, slip in a longer ride at the weekend if I can.

Last year I rode the London to Brighton and the carried on home to Felpham. Nice 86 mile round trip. Currently trying to build the mileage before doing the North Cornwall Tor 100 miler in April. Scary!

Also (like you?) wanting to have a go at a few 10's this year. Think 27, maybe 26 is achievable based on little attempts last year.

Really need to cut out the work thing though as it's playing havoc with my sailing and cycling time!! Guess bringing you wheels down to Felpham in May would be a little too much?

Hope all is well.
    G
  • Guyzie wrote:
    Mind you don't lose too much weight.

i have put 7kgs on over the last 2 years through gym efforts not pies ...

I guess 7kg of upper body muscle isn't really going to do much for my biking but biking is only to support the sailing.

good luck with your event in april - i'll be at the felpham open.
  • hambones wrote:
    30 mins would be a good benchmark time although you should never worry about how you compare to others, just enjoy doing them for yourself.

I think the speeds suggested in that magazine article are somewhat generous.

I'd offer 20mph or less = beginner
    21-24 = intermediate
    25+ = advanced

Thats more like it. You might be surprised how many people can ride faster than 25 mph, but dont let that put you off....do enough and you'll soon get faster. Getting faster again and again is the hard bit