Please help me and my Cotic!/Frame Rebuilds

Comments

• wildrnes,

quite frankly- your pi*ssing me of, that aint the email that 15300 kid sent, its what Cy (good graces to the guy) misconceived... in the email 15300 sent, there is no implication that hes a teacher?

in a football match, id be shouting sit down shut up!! :wink:
  • Put your handbags down gentlemen. :lol:
    MySpace
    All fur coat and no knickers....
  • Marshall
    Marshall Posts: 1,738
    beccalily wrote:
    Put your handbags down gentlemen. :lol:

No! I've got a brand new Radley and I want to show it off! 8)
    head_rev-1.jpg
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    which one?
  • stick
    stick Posts: 2,910
    Am I reading somthing different to everyone else here?
    The gist seems to be...

*boy asks company for ti offcuts for project
    *company send him a trashed frame
    *boy finishes project and thinks - hmmm wonder if I can get that fixed?

I cant seem to find the part where he defiled all your mothers, or plotted the downfall of western civilisation?

Seconded, in my opinion there is nothing wrong with what he's done. If Cotic arn't happy that they've lost scrap metal which could have been worth something, why did they send a whole frame?
    BigAl wrote:

Maybe, as you’re young (I assume), you don’t really appreciate why you shouldn’t have done this.

In certain industries this would be considered a very serious matter. For example in the aerospace industry, in which I work, ‘recovering’ an item designated as scrap simply cannot happen. Not even if the fix is in good faith and performed by God himself.

Potentially anyone doing such a thing could face criminal charges.

Now I’m not comparing a Cotic Soda to a Boeing 747 but the principle remains the same.

Send it back to Cotic
    There's a big difference between the bike and aviation industry like you say, so how is that a good example?

Its only a teenager getting a broken frame and trying to fix it. I doubt he knows the laws about recovering scrap. As far as we know Cotic did not specify that they wanted it back and gave it to him for the purpose of doing whatever he wants with it. If they arn't happy with what he is doing, its their fault for not telling him he cant.
  • Do the right thing and send it back and include an order for a frame with it!!!!!

That's the least you should do after taking advantage and tarnishing Cotic's excellent name.
  • cy@cotic
    cy@cotic Posts: 8
    edited February 2008
    To be fair, it was my assumption that he was a teacher, but I don't have a huge problem with him being a student. However, as I pointed out, it's dangerous to mess about with a frame which is in a state like this. Maybe I was niave to let it out of my sight, but it was doing nothing but taking up space as the testing had finished. I didn't specify that I wanted it back, but I did explicitly state in my emails with him that the frame was scrap and that the large chunks missing from it were for where we'd had the frame analysed to find out about a weld failure. The only point upon which he was truly disingenuous was that at no point was it made clear to me that he wanted to make use of it after the project. If he had, I'd have just told him what I posted above, and probably would still have sent the frame.

Now, can we call an end to this? He's not going to do anything to the frame because I (as the frame's designer) have now told him not to, and he said above that he wouldn't.
    15300 Posts: 116
    Thank you all who know what you are on about, instead of getting buried in technicalities. You understand that I was not indending to break laws and offend people.
  • Marshall
    andrew156 wrote:
    which one?

A nice little brown leather number....... Manbags are all the rage my dear :wink:
    head_rev-1.jpg
  • Radley... oh dear...

See I'm not a bike snob... but I am a bag snob.... :lol:
    MySpace
    All fur coat and no knickers....
  • Marshall
    beccalily wrote:
    Radley... oh dear...

See I'm not a bike snob... but I am a bag snob.... :lol:

To be fair the Isle of Man is about 10 years behind the rest of the world.
    head_rev-1.jpg
  • 15300 wrote:
    Thank you all who know what you are on about, instead of getting buried in technicalities. You understand that I was not indending to break laws and offend people.

...or lie, remember to say that you did not intend to mislead people either.
  • stick
    stick Posts: 2,910
    he didn't lie. People just misinterpreted what he said. He didn't have the fullest understanding of what he was trying to do with the frame. Therefore he asked on a forum.
  • fozzybear
    fozzybear Posts: 17,082
    fu##ing hell you lot!!

just read this thing, I get where some o you guys are coming from, but blody hell! this kid wanted any ole chunka Ti for his honest bit o school work, got landed on im a ti bike frame, and wanted to use it! and all this bull bout him trying to mis lead cotic, seems a little out of order if you ask me?! take a step back, capt jon, no insult, but ur fillin creatin blanks and fillin them in, not reali necessary is it? :D

A nice skilled, captivating response showing your/his lack of morals and ethics!!
  • fozzybear
    damn you lot, ill stand by DigDug on this un!

ill take this wee break in bullyin to say a little thing from the big book "let he without sin cast the first stone",

now, all of you, part from 15300 kid and DigDUg can shut the FU"K up, cos ur making urselves look like mi arseho/e after a tika masala!

and PeterPoody i think you will find you are the C0CK...

nice use of language, really adds to your character.

NOT what i expect from this website or expect to be acceptable in WMTB.

ADMIN!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    fozzybear wrote:
    ADMIN!

Calm down dear, this is the Sandbox... :wink:
  • fozzybear
    M.Cole wrote:
    fozzybear wrote:
    ADMIN!

Calm down dear, this is the Sandbox... :wink:
    it wasn't before, due to the nature of the thread it's now in the sandbox as it's been lowered to swearing and name calling.
  • Marshall
    Sounds like Fozzybear needs to unwrap himself from his cotton wool world and pick up a handbag...... :wink:
    head_rev-1.jpg
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    fozzybear wrote:
    it wasn't before
    It was when you flagged it :wink:
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    M.Cole wrote:
    fozzybear wrote:
    it wasn't before
    It was when you flagged it :wink:

yep it got boxed at about 3:20 my time. (2:20 uk time?)
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • *pulls up chair and excitedly shoves mouth full of popcorn before realising he's missed all the action*
  • garsr6
    garsr6 Posts: 135
    Am I reading somthing different to everyone else here?
    The gist seems to be...

*boy asks company for ti offcuts for project
    *company send him a trashed frame
    *boy finishes project and thinks - hmmm wonder if I can get that fixed?

I cant seem to find the part where he defiled all your mothers, or plotted the downfall of western civilisation?

well said general. i totally agree.

seems there is a bit of a bandwagon thing from 'other' forums users.

same ones who shunned bike radar when it first started?

cant be much going on on said forums when you have to come back here to have a go at 15300. grow up eh!
  • dunker
    dunker Posts: 1,503
    so what's going to happen to that frame now? forever hung up in a garage for people to go "oooo look it's Ti" or? sent back to cotic?
  • Dan67
    Dan67 Posts: 658
    "oooo its ti" option by the looks of it.
  • i-drive
    i-drive Posts: 527
    i genuinely require 2 peices of ti tubeing :oops:
  • Andy
    Email Cotic and ask them if they have any :lol:
  • so how about I have the frame, shorten and remitre all the tubes and get it welded back up as a 15"?
  • *pulls up chair and excitedly shoves mouth full of popcorn before realising he's missed all the action*
    popcorn.gif

i've been thinking about buying a custom made curtis frame to put on the wall. that'd be lovely
  • Andy
    so how about I have the frame, shorten and remitre all the tubes and get it welded back up as a 15"?

Midget sized?