Racing licence help

robbie the roadie
robbie the roadie Posts: 423
edited February 2008 in Pro race
I joined British Cyling last month at silver level and at the time wasn't sure If I wanted to race or not. I have now decided that I might like to take part in the local evening road race league. These are regional C+ events held on open roads so my understanding is I need to upgrade to a full racing licence.

However the inference on the BC website is that I can't just buy a racing licence and instead need to renew my membership in order to get one. I have emailed them to ask but thought I would ask on here to.

I hope I've got it wrong otherwise it seems a bit unfair/expensive and I doubt I'm the first person in history to decide they might like to try racing who are already BC members.

Rob
Cycling - The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.

Comments

• Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    Pretty sure you can add the racing licence to your existing Silver membership - should just cost you the additional £32.
  • hope so but can't find an immediately obvious 'upgrade your licence here' button
    Cycling - The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • Steve928
    Steve928 Posts: 314
    These are regional C+ events held on open roads so my understanding is I need to upgrade to a full racing licence.

The 'Membership FAQ' on BritishCycling seems to suggest that you can enter Regional C+ on just a Silver membership and no licence, as long you're not bothered about ranking points..? I'm no expert though.

What benefits can I expect from being a Silver member?

All benefits included under Bronze membership with the following additions: Third party public liability insurance (with an indemnity limit of £10 million and NO EXCESS); legal advice and support; access to a full racing licence; professional indemnity insurance and regular newsletter for all registered coaches and activity leaders; entry into all regional C/C+ and Go-race events at no extra cost (no ranking points available though).