Cycle Computer

cms239
cms239 Posts: 13
edited February 2008 in MTB beginners
Any reccomendations for a cycle computer up to about £30?

Are the wireless ones any good?

Comments

• cms239 wrote:
    Any reccomendations for a cycle computer up to about £30?

Are the wireless ones any good?

Got a good review in this months WMB

http://www.cyclestore.co.uk/productDeta ... ctID=14295
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    I've got a Trek incite 8i see link.

http://www.evanscycles.com/product.jsp?style=12357

Seems pretty good, it's wireless, records the same speeds and distances as my £200 Garmin Vista HCx and is only £ 25.Has an odoemter, trip distance, clock, average speed, max speed, current speed, time elapsed etc.

I had a couple of wired computers and one wireless one before it. The wired ones kept snapping on the cable unless you wrap them around a brake hose or something. The previous wireless one was form Halfords and was useless. The range on it was pathetic, couldn't get a stable signal form it all.
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • strodey
    strodey Posts: 481
    Cateye strada wireless!
    Really good, wirless never fails and the whole thing is a giant button so easy to switch between settings, had one since end nov and hasn't failed even plastered in nasty mud and water!
    Can't speak for any others! haven'ttried them!
    Carbon is a mans best freind
  • cms239
    cms239 Posts: 13
    Cateye is a name that keeps coming up
  • BlackSpur
    BlackSpur Posts: 4,228
    Cateye Micro Wireless - just under £30 on ebay.
    "Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling." ~James E. Starrs
  • OllyUK
    OllyUK Posts: 230
    I have a cateye strada wireless and it's fantastic.
    Its survived multiple crashes and even going through the washing machine this weekend... :lol:
  • Sorry to butt into this topic but do any of you guys or girls know a computer with a Calorie counter on it.Finding it hard to seek one out for around 30 quid ................Cheers Tora
  • BlackSpur
    BlackSpur Posts: 4,228
    Calorie counters are a waste of time. They project an entirely inaccurate figure - there is no way to tell how many calories you body has burned from a cycle computer.
    "Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling." ~James E. Starrs
  • strodey
    strodey Posts: 481
    Don't bother counting whats going out, count whats going in, thats the best way
    Carbon is a mans best freind
  • I use the ones you got free with Kelloggs lol...only want to see how many miles i've done, so that does for me :lol:
  • dav1
    dav1 Posts: 1,298
    I was bought this at christmas, workes surprisingly well for me.
    http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.100-3751.aspx

Even managed to use it for the full duration of my recent race at thetford and the figures it generated matched the result.
    Giant TCR advanced 2 (Summer/race)
    Merlin single malt fixie (Commuter/winter/training)
    Trek superfly 7 (Summer XC)
    Giant Yukon singlespeed conversion (winter MTB/Ice/snow)

Carrera virtuoso - RIP
  • Thanks Guys.i will just put in the graft then and the more miles i suppose the better and fitter i become.................Tora :wink:
  • Cateye Micro wireless.
  • dannyg
    dannyg Posts: 59
    It's worth keeping your eyes peeled for the next bike wear sale at ALDI. I got a wireless cycle computer with heart rate monitor, temperature gauge and every other function under the sun for £12, it's worked faultlessly since June

danny
    Dan daren't but he did anyway!!

Boardman Mountain Pro
    Boardman Hybrid Team