computer with heart rate, cadence e.t.c. recommendations

ademort
ademort Posts: 1,924
edited February 2008 in Road beginners
Hi i am in the market for a new bike computer and as well as the usual info, speed distance and so forth i would like one with heart rate and cadence function, any extra functions would be a plus does anyone have any recommendations please? thanks Ademort
ademort
Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
Giant Defy 4
Mirage Columbus SL
Batavus Ventura

Comments

• sean65
    sean65 Posts: 104
    I'm going to wait for the Garmin 705.

Apart from all the usual functions I'll also have a sat nav which will suit my style of riding.

I've lost count of the amount of times I've turned off down a nice looking country lane to escape the traffic, ended up a bit lost, and have just about got enough in my legs to get me home.

I think they'll be about £300 though which may be a lot more than you had in mind.

The February issue of Cycling + has a review of several heart rate monitors you might find useful.
  • ademort
    Hi thanks for the reply,the Garmin Edge 705 bundel is available here for €549. the Garmin Edge 705HR is €499, have been looking at both of them, cost is not an issue for me. You get what you pay for, Ademort
    ademort
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura
  • Big Ted
    Big Ted Posts: 330
    Hi

I have used a polar S720i for the last 6 years - it is superb - loads of info and all downloads to the computer. Latest model (i think) is the S725?

Havent looked at that Garmin thingy yet - buts sounds good...
    Big Ted Rides Hard...
  • fizz
    fizz Posts: 483
    Polar CS200 Cad will do all of that.
  • I am going to wait for the Garmin Edge 705 due out end of Feb. On Amazon it is selling at £328. And after seeing it at the Cycle Show last year, it is packed full of features.
    Just a fat bloke on a bike
  • ademort
    The Garmin 705Bundel really does look like the one to go for so i think my mind is made up. Thanks guys for your input it is as always much appreciated. Gretings Ademort
    ademort
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura