Wonderful weather eh?

sean65
sean65 Posts: 104
edited February 2008 in Road beginners
Wow, what a difference a warm sunny day makes eh? Well, it wasn't too warm but nice and bright down here in Surrey.

Had a great ride. The way out was peaceful and solitary but had my shadow for company all the way home.

Clock's go back next month so Spring is nearly here. :D

Comments

• djb1971
    djb1971 Posts: 565
    sean65 wrote:

forward, don't forget :wink:
  • ColinJ
    ColinJ Posts: 2,218
    djb1971 wrote:
    sean65 wrote:

Spring forward, 'Fall' back...
  • scwxx77
    scwxx77 Posts: 1,469
    It was warmer up here this morning and the sun made an appearance at the end of my ride. The cross winds of 25mph and gusts of 40+mph were a bit dangerous and slowed me to a crawl at times. First time this year I haven't had to wash my bike after a ride with the nice dry roads.
    Winner: PTP Vuelta 2007 :wink:
  • sean65
    sean65 Posts: 104
    djb1971 wrote:
    sean65 wrote:

:oops: Indeed.

Having said that, I've been enjoying my night rides during the week as well. It's just a bit milder and dryer than expected.
  • djb1971
    I missed out on today :(
    but hope it's dry and sunny tomorrow 8) ( it'll probably pi55 down now )
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    today was awesome - and still is - I wish I had taken my camera out with me as the sunset was amazing.. Only did 20 miles as I have just got a new bike and not ridden for over 3 years so took it nice and easy..

bring on tomorrow
    cartoon.jpg
  • I hope tomorrow is nice - up for the Reliability ride out of Denham tomorrow - it will be nice in the sun with less wind than last week!
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    T'was a lovely day here. Couldn't make the most of though. Was out for about 3 hours but I kept getting twinges in my calf and cramping in the thigh and had to keep stopping. Got progressively worse and in the end I fell four miles short of a fifty.

Fog and low-level cloud forecast for tomorrow. Fr!gg!ng typical! :evil:
  • Doobz
    Ed Moses wrote:
    I hope tomorrow is nice - up for the Reliability ride out of Denham tomorrow - it will be nice in the sun with less wind than last week!

heh, last weekend was so bad.. I am sure I saw a cyclist going uphill without his pedals going around.. :shock:
    cartoon.jpg
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    Tomorrow and Monday are both supposed to be the same, dry and sunny like a nice spring day. Very nice but somehow it doesn't feel right, know what i mean? Should be cold and wintry really.
  • on the road
    on the road Posts: 5,631
    I was too busy today, but I'm going out tomorrow, the weather's looking good 8)
  • on the road
    Wonderful weather my a*se, looks like I'm going out in the fog :roll:
  • djb1971
    been out since 6.00am this morning :)

nice and warm when the sun appeared but cold, dark and frosty first thing. Beats the rain though :wink:
  • Doobz
    gutted - I cant even see the end of the damn garden :twisted: - looks like the fog has rolled in big time.. I am gonna wait till the end of the day and see if it clears a bit and the roads should be a bit quieter with everyone watching the footy :P
    cartoon.jpg
  • Lagavulin
    Oh the joys of living on the coast...
    fing_fog.jpg

:roll:

Apparently "it'll burn off quite quickly". 3+ hrs and counting...
  • stueyc
    stueyc Posts: 518
    great weather yesterday and today....went out for 25mile yesterday morning...that nice i went again in the afternoon....bit silly as a little sore today and no ride!
  • on the road
    Turned out nice after all :lol:
  • Lagavulin
    Fog finally lifted 30-40 mins before lunch was ready. :evil:

Gave it a good hour to settle and managed 27 miles before the light really started to fade.

So that's 73 miles for the whole weekend; a bloody sin!

Providing the Met Office haven't been using a tombolla for the forecast then next week doesn't look too bad for up here.

Hope Friday is good. It's hopefully sizing and trying for a new bike day for me. :)
  • grayo59
    grayo59 Posts: 722
    1st trip on my new bike to Wales this year across the Old Severn bridge for me Saturday. So that was a round trip of 30 miles in just under 2 hours - lovely and sunny!