New Manchester MTB club

yfronts_brian
yfronts_brian Posts: 27
edited September 2011 in MTB rides
We have a very active group in the manchester area. We ride all over the NW and can offer lifts to those without cars. We ride a mixture of styles; XC, DH, dirt jumping. There is a ride on nearly every weekend througout the year and weekday evening rides in summer.

http://mountainbikes.meetup.com/118/

hope to see you all soon
:D
Brian

Comments

• Dilker
    Dilker Posts: 88
    Sound good, it'll give me someone to ride with... pretty dull riding by yourself. Any plans for this weekend, Sunday?? working tomorrow :<
    'to give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift' Steve Prefontaine

"When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race" H.G.Wells
  • col748
    col748 Posts: 81
    Thanks Brian i've joined up sounds great. Can't make this Sunday big derby game on!!!

Do you know much about the route for the 17th, length, type of riding etc?
  • Hi Brian,

The group sounds great, i have recently got into mtbing and would love to join the group. I have recently given up smoking and want to get into mtbing and enjoy myself in my spare time but i would need to build my fitness would this be a problem. Please can you advise what i have to do next to get signed up and attend the meet ups as i am very keen to get started. I live in the south manchester area and traveling in is not a problem.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards Ian.
  • bellys
    bellys Posts: 456
    been riding with this lot for over a year never found a bad person in the group and with over 200 members you meet some one new on every ride. Also the people are very help full with solving bike probs.

http://redirectingat.com/?id=92X1020&ur ... 3D12557914

chris
  • Sweet.... think i might get involved with this group
  • Hi

I have just registered with yourselves and would like to know how to find out about meets and trails. I love downhill mountain biking and have been to Wales numerous times. I have recently split with my partner who to enjoyed mountain biking and now a little bit dubious on going out on my own. Hence why I have joined. :oops: [/b]
  • MMB is still going and welcoming new members
  • Hi Brian.

I'm traveling up to Manchester on Monday for a few days work. I'm bringing my bike to go out on tuesday night. Was thinking about Lee Quarry, but as i don't know the area would be good if i could join a group. Is anyone going out on Tuesday (23rd)? If so, give me a call on 07730-548031 (as i'll be offline for the week).

Paul. :D
  • think paul means 27th, todays the 23rd. :wink:
    2011 Rockhopper Comp
    24/Seven Deviant.
    Orange Diva (for the bint)
  • yfronts_brian cant seem to find the meet up group , any other links as am interested in joining up , cheers
  • Yes we have a ride on Tuesday also on every other Monday we have free mechanic sessions to teach members how to build / repair their bikes.

The link to the club is
    http://www.meetup.com/Manchester-Mountain-Bikers/
    We have a calender with all the rides up but you need to join (free) as a guest member to ride.