Felix-da-house-mouse
edited February 2008 in Road beginners
do you put tape on aero/tt bars?
felix's bike

pedal like you stole something!!!

Comments

• Mog Uk
    Mog Uk Posts: 964
    Personal preference.... Just tape the ends if you do......
  • sub55
    sub55 Posts: 1,025
    do you put tape on aero/tt bars?

no oh no dont do it
    constantly reavalueating the situation and altering the perceived parameters accordingly
  • well you see my bars have the slots for running your gears into and i need to cover them up somehow. lol.
    felix's bike

• redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    well you see my bars have the slots for running your gears into and i need to cover them up somehow. lol.

Cover them up then, insulation tape/masking tape/sellotape/Duct tape/used bandages/left over xmas wrapping paper/cling film/tin foil will do the job.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • well you see my bars have the slots for running your gears into and i need to cover them up somehow. lol.

Cover them up then, insulation tape/masking tape/sellotape/Duct tape/used bandages/left over xmas wrapping paper/cling film/tin foil will do the job.

what about a nice bit of red ribbon tied in a big bow? lol
    felix's bike

• redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    what about a nice bit of red ribbon tied in a big bow? lol

Probably would affect the "aeroness"
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    Zipp probably make some bartape with drag-reducing dimples specifically for aerobars, £19.99 a metre
  • andy_wrx wrote:
    Zipp probably make some bartape with drag-reducing dimples specifically for aerobars, £19.99 a metre

where at?
    felix's bike

• what about putting gel pads over the holes?
    felix's bike

• wrap a length of insulation tape around a couple of times to hold the brake/gears outer cables tight to the bars, then overlap with bar tape and finish with insulation tape at the stem end. Most testers have only about 10cm length of tape on the ends of the bars, enough to hold the cables and get a comfortable grip at the end of the bars. An hour or so gripping cold metal on a 25 is not recommended.
    I must say goodbye to the blindfold
    And pursue the ideal
    The planet becoming the hostess
    Instead of the meal
    Roy Harper - 'Burn the World'