Tyre Sizes - Diameter

Fantasia
Fantasia Posts: 43
edited February 2008 in Family & kids cycling forum
Hi

I have a ladies Ridgeback Meteor - tyre sizes are - 28x13/8x15/8 37/622. Cany anyone please advise the tyre diameter to enable me to set up my cycle computer.

:lol: :roll: Thanks in advance.

Bi

F

Comments

• redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Look in the instructiion manual and use the calibration for 700x37, if there is one.. 622=700, 630=27", 559=MTB, there are other sizes but these are the ones that come readily to mind at this hour.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Hi Redvee

Thanks for coming back on this one - my instruction info for programming the computer gadget hasn't got any of the sizes you mentioned.

At the moment I assumed that the first number on the sizing 28x13x8x15/8 meant that the diameter was 28" - so I've got that in at the moment, but it probably isn't that at all.

Bi

F
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Plan B.

Take the front wheel out of the forks and place on the ground as it would be if it was in the forks, place the valve at the bottom of the wheel and roll the wheel forward one complete revolution. Measure this distance, assuming you marked the start point. This is the diameter of the wheel/tyre combo you need for your 'puter.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Hi Redvee

Thanks again - I'll get my sewing tape measure out - keep the wheel on - and measure insitu - lol.

Me and spanners are a bad combo - wheel would never turn again - :lol:

Bi

F