My project - new pics on page 3

heavymental
heavymental Posts: 2,076
edited March 2008 in Workshop
Lets hope this works....

Heres my new steed! Some better pics to come when I can get it outside in the light but this one gives a good idea....

No funny comments about the carpet....and I like yellow bartape even though it'll get grubby quickly!

70645642d23df3211c218e711cc429c895088c044581536216db5088.jpg

3609172126bffc05622fcf3b6b62a877d40209a3deaef5a4251e5370.jpg

Comments

• gkerr4
    gkerr4 Posts: 3,408
    nice bike - cool wheels!!!!

well done on that - have you ridden it yet?
  • heavymental
    edited February 2008
    Edit: Done it now!
  • gkerr4
    i dunno actually - looks right to me - should the be in capitals -i have seen it though - cut and pasted it - looks great!
  • heavymental
    Not ridden it yet, and won't get the chance for a couple of weeks I fear! :(

I'll have to take a few pics more from better angles when I get the chance, to show some of the individual parts a bit better.
  • gbr236
    gbr236 Posts: 393
    HI
    What gear ratios are you running?
    Is that done with a short cage rear mech??

Looks v nice though....
  • heavymental
    gbr236 wrote:
    HI
    What gear ratios are you running?
    Is that done with a short cage rear mech??

Looks v nice though....

I got myself a 12-28 Marchisio Junior cassette and I'm running it with a short cage mech as I heard that was fine. It works ok on the stand so I'm not anticipating any problems on the road.
  • Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 2,706
    Great looking bike, HM.

I'll be keeping an eye out for you when I'm down your neck of the woods.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,114
    It looks great HM but that yellow bar tape is an abomination! :shock:

Change it now!
  • Mog Uk
    Mog Uk Posts: 964
    Looking good, although have to agree, not sure about the bar tape..... :?
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Blue bar tape would have matched better, with the frame being blue at the front.

I've got some yellow tape lying in my tool box aswell, but can never see it being used.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Smokin Joe
    Anyway, enough about the bike.

That carpet, Jesus H... :lol:
  • heavymental
    Hey, come on! What did I tell you people! :lol:

The tape actually looks a bit neon there so doesn't look great but it looks better in the flesh....honest! It adds a bit of contrast and does go with the bike imo. Anyway, its a personal choice and as I've gone for blue tyres and bottle cages and my helmet (no sniggering at the back) is blue and alot of my kit is blue I thought it might be a bit of overkill on the colour coordination. I figured it was either black...which would have been a bit boring, blue or something else. So I went for the nice bright option.
  • andyp
    Smokin Joe wrote:
    Anyway, enough about the bike.

That carpet, Jesus H... :lol:
    Especially with those curtains. :roll:

:wink::lol:
  • redddraggon
    Hey, come on! What did I tell you people! :lol:

The tape actually looks a bit neon there so doesn't look great but it looks better in the flesh....honest! It adds a bit of contrast and does go with the bike imo. Anyway, its a personal choice and as I've gone for blue tyres and bottle cages and my helmet (no sniggering at the back) is blue and alot of my kit is blue I thought it might be a bit of overkill on the colour coordination. I figured it was either black...which would have been a bit boring, blue or something else. So I went for the nice bright option.

Don't worry Heavymental, we know the English have no sense of style.

You should inquire on The Rules of The Euro Cyclist to see if it is fashionable to have yellow bar tape like that.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • robbarker
    robbarker Posts: 1,367
    Heavymental, these guys speak the truth, it's hideous! :-)

Blacck bar tape would be my tip. Apart from that it's a nice looking bike, although the ridiculous marketing-led spoking pattern on Eurus wheels is not to my taste.
  • heavymental
    Look, I can take the carpet criticism but my bike is a sweet looking machine so cut it out! Anyway, I can't remember reading it on that list but surely the rules of the Euro cyclist state that there should be lots of bright colours!? The more the merrier...they'd frown at your build, Red! :wink:
  • redddraggon
    100 points - nice frame
    100 points - Centaur
    100 points - nice wheels

Arrgghhh......

Minus 15 Gazillion points for Yellow bar tape!

I'll agree my bike is rather plain.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Neat bike . :) Dig the wheels ! :D Yeller bar tape : nix ! :roll:
    "Lick My Decals Off, Baby"
  • gkerr4
    the yellow bar tape is fine - and the wheels are well sweet!! - never mind ridiculous "market led" spoke pattern - that ridiculous spoke patter makes them mega-stiff! and lightweight to boot!
  • heavymental
    Thanks Gkerr....my confidence is rocking!
  • Pirahna
    Pirahna Posts: 1,315
    I run 12-28 with short cage Campag mechs on both mine and wifeys bike when we go on hols. No problems at all but be careful of the big ring/big cog combination.

Nice bike, horrible bar tape. Change it to blue.

Is that really your carpet? I think the fact you matched it with green curtains probably gives a clue to the choice of yellow bar tape.
  • Those forks look pretty cool too. Got any closer up pics? If bikes were sports cars what would yours be?

Just got a call from the my LBS. They've not my new frame in.... I'm sooooo excited :D:D . Going down to check it out on Thursday and arrange a time to leave my current horse in to get stripped and rebuild my new thoroughbred.
    Every winner has scars.
  • Nuggs
    Nuggs Posts: 1,804
    Get in there with the yellow bar tape! Say nay to the naysayers, you have an individual bike which you like so good on you!

Even if the bar tape does look hideous :wink:
  • andyp
    HM - you do realise that this gentle mocking is done because a) it's traditional to find fault with a new bike on here b) we're just kidding and c) we're all jealous.

I'd be mortified if this was causing you any offence.
  • heavymental
    Lol...well to be honest....jusy when I started to worry, I told my mate you lot had been giving me stick and he laughed and told me to tell you all you've got no flair and black or blue would just look like every other bike out there on the road. Mine is individual and looks fkin lovely! I have to agree. But, he said that because he's seen it in the flesh. It doesn't look as bad as it maybe looks in those pics. The tape is Deda and isn't as 'acidic' as it looks in that pic. Hopefully I'll get a chance to take some close ups and other pics in good light soon.

Yes Piranha, that is my carpet....not my choice though!
  • Smokin Joe
    I've got an old picture on the wall of me racing on a bike with.....PINK handlebar tape :roll:

Well, it was all the rage once :oops:
  • Nuggs
    Nuggs Posts: 1,804
    Smokin Joe wrote:
    Nobody ever got laid because they rode Shimano
    Just out of interest, did anyone ever get laid riding Campag? :wink:
  • Nuggs wrote:
    Smokin Joe wrote:

Yes, but it was a bit noisy...
  • Smokin Joe
    Nuggs wrote:
    Smokin Joe wrote:

Yes, but it was a bit noisy...
    But it lasted a long time...
  • heavymental
    Just entered the tour of pembs, Joe. 116 mile route. Should fly around on my new bike...even with that bartape! Will I see you along the way?