St.Nazaire to Le Puy then doing the Santiago de Compostella

1footedninja
1footedninja Posts: 269
edited February 2008 in Tour & expedition
Hoping to do this after this year doing JoGLE (via diagonal down Wales to add a few miles extra to it all).

Anyone got any good advice/experiences about travelling along the river Loire?

Basically I'm pretty much following the Cicerone guide book route (if you have seen it) except doing it backwards to the route they do and then instead of doing the diversion/start at Orange (the source of the Loire) bit I'll be going from Le Puy over into Spain and doing the Santiago de Compostella route, which again will be sort of half/half doing the Cicerone guidebook way of doing it but also doing the actual walkers path rather than all road.

So anything anyone can give advice on there as well is much appreciated.

Also whilst I'm at it , anyone checked out www.bikebins.com yet? got myself a set of 'em so hoping they do the trick for me as I had a topeak back pannier thing but hardly ever used it, as I tried to pair my gear down to barest of essentials - tent / bedmat&campbed / sleeping bag / a few tool bits 'n' bobs / spare innertube / food heating up stuff / water holding doo dahs / GPS gear 'n' PDA / solar panel / clothing - warm - wet weather - cold.

Got 'The Great DIvide' from Banff in Canada to Antelope Wells, New Mexico in my thoughts after that but that one won't be for awhile as I'm skint and it takes me long enough as it is to get the dough together to go do the trips that I want to do , let alone buy the equipment to do it.

Anyone done that trip? again all help much appreciated.

if I see you on my travels, I'll give you a cheery wave!
'since the flaming telly's been taken away, we don't even know if the Queen of Englands gone off with the dustman'.
Lizzie Birdsworth, Episode 64, Prisoner Cell Block H.