Securing bike to a wall

grimnorthernmonkey
grimnorthernmonkey Posts: 103
edited February 2008 in Road beginners
Good evening everyone,

Just after a bit of advice really.

I'm looking to store my cheapo commute ridgeback in the secluded alley at the back of my flat. It may be a cheapo and it may be secluded but I'd still rather it wasn't stolen!

Just wondering if anyone can recommend some sort of fixing bolt/eyed anchor that i can fix into the wall to put my lock through? (sorry, my terminology may not be correct!).

If anyone can point me in the right directiom ideally being able to order online, that would be great.

Thanks,

Lee
So Which way
Do I go to get out of here
Avoiding land mines, and all the other stuff round here

Comments

• Nuggs
    Nuggs Posts: 1,804
    Tusk Mammoth - it has an ye built into the bracket for a chain/D-lock...

http://www.tuskstore.com/product_info.p ... ucts_id/32

If that's not enough, they also do separate wall anchors.
  • You need this:

http://www.bonthronebikes.co.uk/406-410997

It's not cheap, but man oh man does it work! I used it to bolt my 250cc sports bike to... since I left oz, my old man still hasn't been able to remove it! :lol:
  • alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    This Oxford Wall Anchor from CRC seems good at £8.99

8495.jpg

It will work with your D-lock if the dimensions are sufficient, I believe it is rated Sold Secure Silver. You need a 16mm drill bit to fiit the bolts (got a set of large drills from Aldi, £4.99), once fitted the holes in the bolts are filled with ball beariings.

I use one as a ground anchor in the shed for 4 bikes and secure it with a 2m x 10mm Oxford Chain Lock.
  • grayo59
    grayo59 Posts: 722
    Don't know if this is any help but try your local police station for advice.

My mate had his motorbike nicked and the police supplied and I beleive even fitted an anchor assembly to attch to his house wall/concrete path.

Obviously prevention is better than rising crime figures/paperwork!
    Following on from my above post, if you need a 16mm drill to fit a wall anchor I just got the Aldi email and they are doing these sets again from Thursday 7th Feb for £4.99. The bits have a narrower end so that it will fit in a standard drill chuck

drill_bits_Wk0613.jpg
  • alfablue wrote:
    This Oxford Wall Anchor from CRC seems good at £8.99

8495.jpg

It will work with your D-lock if the dimensions are sufficient, I believe it is rated Sold Secure Silver. You need a 16mm drill bit to fiit the bolts (got a set of large drills from Aldi, £4.99), once fitted the holes in the bolts are filled with ball beariings.

I use one as a ground anchor in the shed for 4 bikes and secure it with a 2m x 10mm Oxford Chain Lock.

I have one of these & it is excellent
    <a>road</a>