Entry fee £3-00

The rides start from the BRCC Club house
In Cardington village, Bedfordshire, MK443SX
Light refreshments available in club house
The routes follow quiet country lanes around Bedfordshire

Comments

• Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    I have emailed the rest of CC Luton with the details for the 17th Feb event....................now will you be organising the usual screaming headwind back to the HQ :wink:

PS Don't forget the cakes Mr Kipling
  • Is the 17th February 66 mile ride hard and fast like the Chilterns trials or more sedate? I am not sure whether to do the Beds or the Hemel but would like a fairly hard ride. I can ride out to Cardington but it is a car to Hemel. :?:
    Jim
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    jimmoffatt wrote:
    Is the 17th February 66 mile ride hard and fast like the Chilterns trials or more sedate?
    Jim - depends on who you try to keep up with of course! We normally have a fairly good turnout for this event and it usually turns into a batterfest. Last year one of our former riders (elite rider and premier calender winner) rode it with us and it turned into a real burnup - I blew my doors off in most spectacular fashion :roll:

It is of course a lot less hilly than the Hemel's ride, but the wind and speed makes up for that.
  • Bronzie

Thanks for that. I will probably do the Beds ride. I rode the Quest on Sunday but have a chest infection and on antibiotics so was biting my bars for three hours. :shock:

Made my chest worse and should have more sense at my age, as my wife and kids keep telling me.

Jim
  • Ben Instone turned up for our ride on the 3rd of Febuary ensuring the pace was brisk, he say's he's coming back to ride on the 17th February. All those that managed to keep up with him said they would be back too.

The hills might not have been particularily challenging but the wind was a killer.

Hope you can make the 17th, you would be very welcome.

Oh and obviously there will be some exceedingly good cakes at the end.

mr kippling