Ryanair are now charging £25 per flight for a pre booked bike. :evil:
http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/faqs.php?sect=CHARGES
Get a folder now!!! :lol:
Chris

Comments

• andymiller
    andymiller Posts: 2,856
    Go by train.
  • :? Quaintarse our national airline want to charge me $24 per kilo (Perth - Tokyo) :evil: British Airways don't charge Tokyo - London? :D Can't work that out realy. :?
  • bigjim
    bigjim Posts: 780
    Rynair are trying to discourage luggage carrying. They want people to check in on-line, turnup at the gate and fly. Check in & luggage facilities slows them down and costs them. In other use you are a pest. You are not wanted mate. easier to hire if going for a short time.

Jim
  • Gotte
    Gotte Posts: 494
    Buggers.
  • and £2.20 for a tea or coffee. Next they will be asking if you want to stand for the duration of the flight or pay for a seat on the plane, seatbelt will be an additional charge.
  • "You pays your money and you takes your choice."
    "There are holes in the sky,
    Where the rain gets in.
    But they're ever so small
    That's why rain is thin. " Spike Milligan
  • you could go with a proper full service ariline like BA and have a better than even chance of your bike arriving intact at your destination and you might even be treated with a modicum of dignity and respect.

Alternatively I am totally behind the earlier suggestion of taking the train instead.
    "There are holes in the sky,
    Where the rain gets in.
    But they're ever so small
    That's why rain is thin. " Spike Milligan
  • nickwill
    nickwill Posts: 2,735
    Add the cost of carrying a bike to the air fare, and you are still getting a deal which would have been unbelievable a few years back. I actually prefer their system of prebooking a bike compared to the previous rather worrying idea of turning up with your bike, and not knowing whether they would accept it on the day.
  • bigjim
    bigjim Posts: 780
    I'm flying to palma with them next week & my mate is taking his bike at £50 return. Personally don't think it is worth the hassle when you can hire one for £80. Though I think they are pretty efficient and accept that I don't pay much & don't expect much. Aren't BA the worst for losing your luggage?

Jim
  • Special K wrote:
    you could go with a proper full service ariline like BA and have a better than even chance of your bike arriving intact at your destination and you might even be treated with a modicum of dignity and respect.

Alternatively I am totally behind the earlier suggestion of taking the train instead.

Have you flown with BA recently? It has a dreadful record on lost and damaged luggage. Anyway the guys who load/unload your bike are employees of handling company not the airline, so regardless of airline, from any given airport same guys will deal with all bikes.

£25 for a bike on a plane is OK IMHO.
    Be nice to grumpy old men (or else!)
  • blorg
    blorg Posts: 1,169
    I flew Ryanair last summer to Biarritz to do the Camino de Santiago and they were absolutely fine, couldn't fault them in any way. Just turned the handlebars, nothing else required.