suspension front end!!!

bvse
bvse Posts: 8
edited January 2008 in MTB beginners
Hello to all!!!! i currently own a marin bear valley se....95 ish year... im trying to find out please.... will a marzocchi mx comp eta 230mm directly replace the manitou magnum which came with the bike?......thanks guys!!!!!! :?

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    bvse wrote:
    Hello to all!!!! i currently own a marin bear valley se....95 ish year... im trying to find out please.... will a marzocchi mx comp eta 230mm directly replace the manitou magnum which came with the bike?......thanks guys!!!!!! :?
    sorry what fork? please state the year and your brake type.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • bvse
    sorry i have magura brakes rim type...... and im sure in reviews its written 230mm marzocchi mx comp fork........ 2006 or 7 year....
  • nicklouse
    nope. link to the fork please. dependant on year it should be 100mm of travel and your old fork was about 76mm of travel, i would not go over 80mm of travel.

also your steerer tube what diameter is it? 1 1/8th inch?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • bvse
    yes nicklouse its 1 1/8th steerer....... what would the extra travel mean to the way the bike rides? is it a def no no for the extra damping.....thats why im new!!!!! didnt think 20mm extra would be a bad thing????
  • nicklouse
    ok for every 1" change in the axle to crown distance the head angle will change by 1 degree. So on a bike that was originally specked with a 76mm fork.... that did not move that much...
  • bvse
    will look for a good 80mm :) and thanks for all the advice!!!!!!