What chain do you have on you track bike..

4candles
4candles Posts: 240
edited February 2008 in Track
..for 16 years i've used Izumi BMX chains and had no bother what so ever and i still use them today.

But i decided to try one of those 1/2 link chains by Shadow Conspiricy, it's been on there for a matter of months and has stretched so much its now on the bench in the garage and i'm back with a 16 year old Izumi.

I have now ordered a Wippermann 1G8 chain it looks so mean it makes the Izumi look like girly 3/32 chain. Has anyone else got one of these chains ? I only need one as i saw one on a Kalavinka.

4C.

Comments

• scherrit
    scherrit Posts: 360
    Izumi make great chains, I use the "super toughness" njs approved chain, but the ESR or ESH????? is also good.
    S.
    If you're as fat as me, all bikes are bendy.
  • 4candles
    scherrit wrote:
    Izumi make great chains, I use the "super toughness" njs approved chain, but the ESR or ESH????? is also good.
    S.

I've just got one of those for a new NJS project.. whilst fitting it in the lounge watching Wales get the better of England, couldn't help but notice that the grease on it was quite smelly.. lol.

Still awaiting the arrival of the Wipperman, but trawiling websites it's quoted as being 12.1mm wide !!!.. this will definately counter balance the steel bars and the bike will weigh a ton !
  • 4candles
    The Wippermann 1G8 chain arrived at last... a tad heavier than the Izumi that came off the bike, but at 12.2mm wide and 1.5kN breaking strain looks and sounds great...
    But it's only 96 links long so you'll be ok if you're running smaller rings and sprockets it'll fit.. i run a 43x13 and i took out 6 links, also your going to need a big chain tool too.

4C.