LEJOG --- partner wanted

Cyrenne
Cyrenne Posts: 184
edited March 2008 in Tour & expedition
Hi all. I'm planning the LEJOG for early September and would ideally like it if I had a couple of riders to take part in it with me.
My plan is to cover it in a sensible time (not too long, not OTT) and to steer clear of the big A roads. I'm of the understanding that this could bump the total distance up to 950 miles (possible use of the Arran route or up through the Trossachs).
There would be vehicle support taking our kit to the next night's BB so we wouldn't be carting a load with us. Just money for cafe stop and basic tools/innertubes/mobile.

You'd have to be pretty fit. :twisted:
I'd like to have it done in around 5 days, 6 max. And there'd be no dawdling along on the little ring.
Drop me a PM if you're keen.
I'm in North Yorkshire.
Cheers.

Comments

• vernonlevy
    vernonlevy Posts: 969
    edited January 2008
    Cyrenne wrote:
    Hi all. I'm planning the LEJOG for early September and would ideally like it if I had a couple of riders to take part in it with me.
    My plan is to cover it in a sensible time (not too long, not OTT) and to steer clear of the big A roads. I'm of the understanding that this could bump the total distance up to 950 miles (possible use of the Arran route or up through the Trossachs).
    There would be vehicle support taking our kit to the next night's BB so we wouldn't be carting a load with us. Just money for cafe stop and basic tools/innertubes/mobile.

I'd like to have it done in around 5 days, 6 max. And there'd be no dawdling along on the little ring.
    I'm in North Yorkshire.
    Cheers.

You might get some responses in the ctc forums, there's one dedicated to LEJOG
  • Cyrenne
    cheers!
  • Cyrenne wrote:

I'd like to have it done in around 5 days, 6 max.
    Cheers.

5 days.......950 miles..........not OTT?

Yikes :shock:

That rules me out then :lol:
    Tarpaullynn
  • chronyx
    chronyx Posts: 455
    Me too! :lol:
    2007 Giant SCR2 - 'BFG'

Gone but not forgotten!:
    2005 Specialized Hardrock Sport - 'Red Rocket'
  • Cyrenne
    7 days then? any takers?
    Accommodation and support will probably be footed by a third party and there's the potential to raise some money for charity!
  • vernonlevy wrote:
    Cyrenne wrote:

I'm in North Yorkshire.
    Cheers.

You might get some responses in the ctc forums, there's one dedicated to LEJOG

What are the ctc forums? could you give me a link please as me and a few others are planning the lejog trip for 2009 and would like to research as much as possible.

Thanks
  • Gav2000
    Gav2000 Posts: 408
    I read with interest until I got down to the 6 days bit! If you'd have said that the ride would be fun and take place over 2 weeks I'd have put my hand up as I'm considering that. Good luck though, maybe you'll whizz past me on one of the days.

Gav.
    Gav2000

Like a streak of lightnin' flashin' cross the sky,
    Like the swiftest arrow whizzin' from a bow,
    Like a mighty cannonball he seems to fly.
    You'll hear about him ever'where you go.
  • bigjim
    bigjim Posts: 780
    Yea
    Put me down for the 2 week non suffering version.

Jim :)
  • huggy
    huggy Posts: 242
    Put me down for a 2 weeker as well :)
  • As stupid as I am for saying this, I'm pretty keen!

I done LEJOG last year with a cousin carrying all our gear on route and using B&B's. We finished in just over 7 days but personally i felt we could go faster and have been itching to go for 4 days (possibly less) this year. If my cousins arm can be twisted enough I'll probably ride with him, but the more the merrier! We may also have another experienced cyclist joining the ranks (again pending a little arm bending). Failing that I'll also be a solo rider looking for a partner.
    Unfortunatly I'm from London so that could also throw a spanner in any potential work, but I hope not.
    If you are still interested and this sounds like a possibility then let me know.

Dave
  • Cyrenne
    As stupid as I am for saying this, I'm pretty keen!

I done LEJOG last year with a cousin carrying all our gear on route and using B&B's. We finished in just over 7 days but personally i felt we could go faster and have been itching to go for 4 days (possibly less) this year. If my cousins arm can be twisted enough I'll probably ride with him, but the more the merrier! We may also have another experienced cyclist joining the ranks (again pending a little arm bending). Failing that I'll also be a solo rider looking for a partner.
    Unfortunatly I'm from London so that could also throw a spanner in any potential work, but I hope not.
    If you are still interested and this sounds like a possibility then let me know.

Dave

That sounds promising, I'll get to you via PM later.
    Unfortunately, a guy (with connections) had mentioned the possibility of a motorhome last time I spoke to him. He unfortunately passed away this weekend.