BHF first hearts ride -formerly the white peaks challenge.

Dr Nosh
Dr Nosh Posts: 43
edited May 2008 in MTB rides
Anybody know anything about this ride ?

27th April. Starts / ends nr Matlock.

Degree of difficulty.
I'm reasonably fit, NOT fast, good stammina.

Route - Maybe same as last year - Can anybody list and post here typical route.

Would a hybrid do the job ?

Anybody planning to ride?
Republic of Lithuania

Comments

• I did a BHF ride last year at Delemere, it is not a race at all and the delemere ride was 'Fairly' easy (ok even for beginners ish) it was a short ride and you did more than one (or more ) laps to get the distance in. As I said not a race just a ride!!

Have you looked at this link? it is a 29 mile ride on road except for a 4 mile off road section, which they say is no good for road bikes. there is also a number for further info.

http://www.bhf.org.uk/get_involved/take ... spx?e=3051

hope this helps?
    www.27gears.com

Sore ribs.................I must start walking the trail 1st before steep descents into the unknown!
  • Jess1
    Jess1 Posts: 5
    Hi

I'm the event organiser for the ride on 27 April in the Peak District.

The event is open to anyone who is reasonably fit. There are 2 steep hills on the route. The ride starts at Church Town in Darley Dale near Matlock, it then goes through Winster (first steep hill here) then to Brassington, up to Parwich, Pikehall, on to the High Peak Trail for around 3 miles then you turn off the Trail on a rocky path up past mere farm. Then to Youlgrave and Stanton in the Peak (another steep hill) then it's down hill to the finish. Please go to web page www.bhf.org.uk/whitepeak for further information or if there is anything else you need to know just ask.

Thanks

Jess
  • Thanks for the reply.

Just looked at OS sheet 119 and traced the route. Looks nice and challenging. Recognise some of it from route 3, Cycle Routes pubnlished by Peak District National Park.

Might be there.
    Republic of Lithuania
  • Can you tell me 'how offroad' is the rocky path passing Mere Farm.
    ie. What kind of bike here considering that 80% is on tarmac.
    MTB or Hybrid ?

Thanks

Hoping to get a group of riders together.
    Republic of Lithuania
  • Jess1
    Jess1 Posts: 5
    You should be able to complete this off road section on a hybrid. It is a very short section which is quite rocky but you could bring either bike.
  • Dr Nosh
    Dr Nosh Posts: 43
    Great ride event on Sunday.
    Although the weather was damp it did not spoil the spirit.

Route well marked and the mobile cafe at the halfway point was well stocked with toast, cakes and coffee!!

My trip from East Anglia was definately worth it.

Many thanks to the organisers if they are reading this.

Now got to collect the money.
    Republic of Lithuania