aero bars

Felix-da-house-mouse
edited February 2008 in Road beginners
Hi,

just bought the above mentioned for the bike from Evans in the sale and they have the ability to run gear levers to the the end of them, the only thing i want to know is can i buy the "levers" seperately if so where from and are they universal? oh and can i have gears on the drops as well as on the aero bars at the same time? can i fit say dura ace or cmpag levers to a shimano 105 setup?

cheers
felix's bike

pedal like you stole something!!!

Comments

• redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    oh and can i have gears on the drops as well as on the aero bars at the same time?

This was answered on your other thread, NO, is the answer. Choose bar end TT shifters or stick with STIs you can't use both.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Garybee
    Garybee Posts: 815
    SJS cycles sell a device that enables you to have shifters on the extensions as well as ergo levers. It's a bit of a faff though and not really worth it. If you have a dedicated TT bike you won't want the ergo levers and on a road bike with clip-ons there's not much to be gained by having both.

Hypocrisy is only a bad thing in other people.
  • i dont have a dedicated tt bike as i got into road cycling "properly" last year, i might just bin the idea of the levers then.
    felix's bike

• webbhost
    webbhost Posts: 470
    just bought the above mentioned for
    Which aero bars did you buy? You didn't specify.
  • i bought Easton Aeroforce bars
    felix's bike

• woody-som
    woody-som Posts: 1,001
    profile design did make an adaptor thinh that would allow you to use two sets of sifters. I did look into it at one stage, but never took it any further than just looking, as one of the guys in my bike club also owns a cycle shop and said it was difficult to setup, but not impossible.
  • just tried to fit the above bars and there for standard size bars so they have to go back. so i bought profile t2 bars from wiggle instead
    felix's bike