Titanium seat post

cpeachey
cpeachey Posts: 1,057
edited January 2008 in Workshop
Can anyone reccomend a titanium seat post please?
Are the clamps OK? I am looking at PMP & USE. Have I missed any?
Chris

Comments

• Rob Sallnow
    Rob Sallnow Posts: 6,279
    I've got a lovely Campag Chorus Ti post....sadly discontinued.
    I'd rather walk than use Shimano
  • cpeachey
    cpeachey Posts: 1,057
    Rob Is there a picture of the Chorus clamp? (or one similar) It might be worth trying to get one.
    Chris
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,069
    Selcof do one but it's crap.

I'd either try and track down a Campag one on ebay, and they do come up quite often, or I'd get a PMP one as they are works of art. I think www.otagocyclesport.co.uk are the UK PMP importers.
  • I have the USE titanium post. It is so light that it is almost too good to be true, time will tell!.

The rail clamping system is a bit fidddly to set up, (as you tighten the bolt the seat angle changes) but once done it holds it fine. You will need a torque wrench as your saddle will move if it is not tight enough and you dont want to do it too tight as the bolt is made from a length of angel hair!

Havent had it long but no problems after 2000 miles or so.
  • toontra
    toontra Posts: 1,160
    Van Nicholas do a good 1-part (i.e. integrated clamp) ti seatpost which can be sourced in the UK for about £70.

a serious case of small cogs
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    Rewell do one too:

http://www.rewel.com/Seiten/englisch.htm

Don't know what it's like of course. And Enigma do a USE one on their site.
  • tyskie
    tyskie Posts: 252
    I've got a PMP one. It's a two screw clamp, one being adjusted with an Allen key and the other with a small spanner. Works very well once you get the hang of it and holds the saddle firmly in place.

The metal has gone quite dull on mine and I'm not sure if you can polish it up. Any ideas anyone?

I really like the look of the Rewel one though. I saw one of their frames the other day and the finish is stunning. The seat post seems to have the same finish as well.