Rims - Large Marge / Tires

zeng
zeng Posts: 17
edited January 2008 in MTB general
Hi guy...Just want some advice if anyone ever put a Large Marge / Tires on your mountain bike.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    they will not fit on most bikes.

wht do you want to try? and what bike?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • zeng
    Hi im riding a CUBE LTD COMP with REBA Team fork. Wanted to change to a bigger wheelset. Any suggestion?
  • nicklouse
    why the hell Large Marge?

why so big? they are really a sand/snow rim and at £100 for each rim (not including building)... What tyre are you considering?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • zeng
    My option is open. Cos i might want to ride on the snow. But it since my bike cant put that wheelset cos is too big. I need suggestion on a bigger wheelset.
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    Are you mad?

Just use mud tyres and let them right down for sand/snow, plus spin an easier gear.
  • nicklouse
    so what rims and tyres do you have now? what width tyres do you want to run? what are you going to be using the bike for? It is an XC bike?
  • zeng
    Im using ALEX ACE-18 with Shimano FH-M475 hub. Tyre Hutchson python air light. Yes is an XC Bike. I thinking of changing the whole wheelset. since im going to Nepal during coming winter. It might be icey and snow. Thanks for ur advice.