My GF now has a bike...

Adamskii
Adamskii Posts: 267
edited January 2008 in Road beginners
...that fits her properly and she's very excited. Let's hope it lasts!

I went looking for a bike at the weekend for myself with my girlfriend and ended up putting a deposit down on a bike for her, not me. :? Shes been getting more into the idea of cycling and sees the pleasure I get out of it. Up until now she's only had a mountain bike and I told her she couldn't come out with me until she got herself 'proper' bike. So now she has a rather nice Dawes Giro 500 that fits her perfectly.

The interesting part will be the first ride. Toe clips, pot holes, white lines and grids, traffic, gears and hills. I'll keep you posted!
It's all good.

Comments

• spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    im really looking forward to hear the update on this!

:lol:
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Remember if she dons the lycra then post a pic on the 'Girls in Lycra' Thread :lol:
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    Of course this also means you can't watch any other girls' derrieres in lycra anymore! :roll:
  • Adamskii
    I'll get her to don the lycra. Getting a photo might be harder!

I'll have to think of reasons to ride behind. Like 'Oh... ouch, I've got cramp. You ride on, I'll catch you up'! :wink:
    It's all good.
  • peanut
    peanut Posts: 1,373
    take a tip from me don't keep way out in front of her or shoot off up hills like a rocket or She'll get demoralized and give it up. (ask me how I know this.!) Let her learn at her own pace and try not to keep telling her she's in the wrong gear etc . Hope she gets enthusiastic its great to go out with ya partner right up until the point when she leaves you for dead on the steeper bits and beats your triathlon time :oops: :oops: (ask me how I know that :lol: )
  • Adamskii
    Tips noted. I'll go easy on her... -ish! :wink:
    It's all good.