need new mech hanger

stubs
stubs Posts: 5,001
edited February 2008 in MTB buying advice
bust my mech hanger this afternoon been trying to work out which hanger i need to buy but there is gazillions of different types does any one know which hanger i need to order the bike is an on-one scandal :?
Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    well you need to contact the bike supplier and as them to supply one to fit your frame. Make model and year will be good info to give.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    just e-mail brant at on-one. They don't have them listed on the website.
  • mattv
    mattv Posts: 992
    Try www.betd.co.uk. They are a major supplier of hangers, with really good pictures of the hangers. VERY good hangers too, £16 from there, or £25 direct to any Halfords store....
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    brant will almost certainly get you one cheaper...
  • stubs
    I am sure he could if he answered his emails I am just going to have to risk it and order the one that looks closest to mine and hope it fits otherwise i am knackered for the weekend
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    have you contacted any shop that sells On-one? or is brant just doing mail order now?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • stubs
    mail order only as far as I can tell I love the bike but it will be the last time I buy a frame mail order its just too much hassle especially when you cant even speak to some one when you have a problem and boy have I had problems with this frame :x
  • Will Snow
    Will Snow Posts: 1,154
    woah woah, does it have a letter on the back of the old hanger??? thats the normal convention for getting the right hanger
    i ride a hardtail

• thats what you call good customer service :D
  • stubs
    Im all smiley now after spitting out me dummy amazing what not having a working bike does to you :D
  • Grifcp
    Grifcp Posts: 283
    so what probs have you had with your scandal?
  • stubs
    First frame had to go back because the seat tube had been reamed oversize got to give Brant his due he sorted that out pronto 2nd frame had to have bottom bracket shell faced the drive side was not machined square

However now its all sorted I just needed to blow off steam call it P M T post mountain bike tension and I am back in love with my baby again I was tired and emotional when I wrote wingy post (for anyone who doesnt know what that euphamism means, it means I was pissed)

Dont let my problems put you off on-one bikes they are fantastic bikes and Brant will sort out any problems I just got unlucky which can happen to anybody :lol: