AM hardtail frame?

albo
albo Posts: 260
edited January 2008 in MTB buying advice
hi.
i was wondering if anyone could give me any advice on a all mountain hardtail frame, have looked on CRC and cannot see any obvious All Mountain frames
any help would be appreciated =)

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Have you any components to go on it? What travel are you looking at for the fork, anfd budget? Definition of AM varies a bit between riders and brands!
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    If you want hard trail riding with a few drops then:

on-one 456
    Orange Crush/sub-zero
    Marin Rocky ridge
    Cotic BFe
    Dialled Bikes Prince Albert.

Oh FFS, search AM and long travel hard tail. There are loads of topics. But what is your budget, there might be one that stands out at your price point.
  • albo
    yes i have mid/low range parts on my hardtail, but will probably upgrade my forks along with the frame
    just a frame that would be able to take more of a hit than mine but not to bulky, llike the specializes P all mountain bike
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Kinesis Pha5e worth a gander too.
  • albo
    ok thanks "ride_whenever" =)
    that helps, the on-one looks nice enough, and I've seen good reviews on it
    and its cheap!
    thanks
  • truly amazing price...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2008-MARIN-ROCKY- ... dZViewItem

I don't know what it is but I keep finding Marin frames on ebay :lol:
  • will make someone very happy - can't believe it though - just before I bought my Attack Trail I was looking eveerywhere for one of these (frame only) and couldnt get on...

In less than a week I have found THREE decent Marins (especially this one - gorgeous!!)
  • Amos
    Amos Posts: 438
    Cove Stiffee 8)
  • Cheesey, you have atoned for your indiscretion the other day (when you found that shockingly cheap secondhand orange frame), by referring to the above frame as an "amazing price" I now feel considerably happier. That is the shop I bought my Rocky Ridge from. The guy who owns the place is very helpful, knows his stuff and seems to have found a niche in selling Marin frames occasionally (also the lifetime warranty is a fantastic bonus)

I would definitely give them a call if you're interested. Mine has been superb. Here's a pic from today, best ride in a long time. Look, no mud!

DSC00651.jpg
  • Oh no - not for me - I have my Indian Fire Trail - I just end up looking at Marins all the time for some reason on ebay and keep finding these deals on frames...

as so many people on here want decent frames and sometimes on a budget, if I see anything that may appeal or help people out I post it

I love my IFT and wouldn't change it for any other Marin frame - superb!

I fitted some Continental world cup race king 2.2s the weekend - fast as you like - EXTREMELY low rolling resistance BUT made they are not going to last that long with continual use... race day specials as they say! :wink: