Cotic Soul , Marin Rocky Ridge or...??

BigStu2
BigStu2 Posts: 794
edited January 2008 in MTB buying advice
Hi Guys,
Ride wise how would these two differ, I've read the tests but no ones ever tested them side by side, The Marin is a lot cheaper than the Cotic build up but is the money saved worth it. Or are they two different fish out on the trail.
Thanks
.........all
...at........work
fun..................&
..no.............no
.....is......play

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Youll have a lot of trouble getting the Marin for a good month or so. Dont think theyre in till early march now.

http://www.ukbikesdepot.com/products.php?plid=m1b2s2p97

Good bike though
  • That could be be much faster than the Soul. I tried to buy a Soul a couple of months ago, and they had a 3 month waiting list. The Soul is a beautiful beautiful bike though....

The Marin being aluminium is a more efficient and responsive frame sacrificing the classic 'smoothing' steel feel. Also, the Marin has slacker angles which provides more downhill stability, again at the cost of flat riding handling and climbing prowess.

Therefore - yeah, very different fish. Best bet would be to take both bikes out. You can take the Soul out in several shops, mainly in the North of England. Not sure where you can try the Marin though they will be able to help. However, I had trouble trying to test ride a Marin Indian Fire Trail as many shops stated they only offer test rides of bouncers :(
  • BigStu2
    BigStu2 Posts: 794
    Thanks guys, lots to think about now and then Ill ease the idea up on the missus 8)
    ..no.............no
    .....is......play
  • We've got Souls in stock in all sizes and colours now and for the foreseeable future due to a huge drop just before Christmas. The Marin (in fact, pretty much any big manufacturer) is fantastic value, so there's no way we can compete on those terms. However, I still genuinely believe the Soul will stand against any hardtail you care to mention. We're doing some of the National Demo Tour dates, so come and have a spin.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Demo Day website is here: http://www.bikedemodays.com/

Loads of bikes to ride.