training

brinko
brinko Posts: 15
edited January 2008 in Road beginners
Hi all can anyone out there give me tips, i am going to do the manchester to blackpool
ride in july its 60 miles at the moment i only go out on my 3 times per week each time i do 10 miles so can someone give me advice on how riding i should be doing before the event
in july.

cheers.
p brinko

Comments

• Mog Uk
    Mog Uk Posts: 964
    You want to be at least doing close to the 60miles before the event.

Set yourself a training schedule and gradually increase your weekly mileage building up towards the 60mile mark, you've got plenty of time before the event so no need to panic.

I'm doing the same ride, looking forward to it....
  • John C.
    John C. Posts: 2,113
    If you can do 10 miles up that a bit to 15, keep the speed the same and remember to drink. You will soon find 15 miles is easy so then up it to 20. Put in a few hills and you'll get there, for what it's worth in my book you don't have to do the full 60 before hand but the bug bite and by July you should be well up to doing 60 miles.
    Try putting this out on the training forum but be prepared for some differences of opinions, the pro trainers may say the opposite to each other.
    http://www.ripon-loiterers.org.uk/

Fail to prepare, prepare to fail
    Hills are just a matter of pace
  • brinko - you're probably better getting the training advice from others, but I'm also planning to have a go at the Manchester - Blackpool. I've never done anything close to 60 miles in a day either so you're not alone!
    Even if the voices aren't real, they have some very good ideas.