Klein Attitude Comp 2006

pavarossi
pavarossi Posts: 28
edited January 2008 in MTB general
Hello there, just bought a Klein Attitude Comp 2006 on ebay. I got the bike and it's beautiful, only thing is I've been looking up the bike on the web and I can't find a Klein Attitude Comp 2006 anywhere. I think it was stopped in 2003-4. Can anyone tell me if this is right as I'm none too happy about it as I probably paid too much for it. I paid 635 pounds, it's got Fox RL 80 fork, xt rear mech, deore front, Thompson Post, specialized ti saddle, mavic 717 rim Hope disc brake, these are good parts but I'm a bit confused as to the date of sale of the bike. Any info would be great. Cheers

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    You wanted to lighten this one up IIRC. Klein did make an Attitude in 2006:

http://archive.kleinbikes.com/us/mounta ... index.html

But not a comp. You may habe a older one, ie 2004. But its got some good parts on, not too bad for the money paid.
  • Doesn't seem to bad a deal - compare it to what you would get for £630 for any other bike.

Just getting your hands on a Klein is in itself an achievement.

very good bikes and stunning paintwork on most of them.

Sounds like a fair enough deal - I wouldn't fret - just enjoy your shiny new steed.

Enjoy it!

:wink:
  • Chaka Ping
    Chaka Ping Posts: 1,451
    If the seller bought it in 2006, it doesn't seem too bad a deal.

If it's had three years' use, I'd be feeling miffed.
  • Blundell
    Blundell Posts: 308
    For 630 smakers I'd say you got a bargin. Kleins tend not to come cheep, and unless the bikes been thraped within an inch of destruction, it'll still give you one of the best rides a hard tail can. What colour is it? And as for dating the bike does it have the old V brake bosses on the seat stays? I think they went out of the window on all Kleins during 2005 and after.
  • Blundell
    Actually, just had a though, if it is an attitude comp then it has to be older than 2004 as any bike after this year is either attitude V, XV, of XX.
    Why the hell didn't they make a XXX!?!
  • scale20
    scale20 Posts: 1,300
    Ive not long sold a 2001 Klein attitude, was blue, Why did I get rid of it??? :cry:

From my experience of owning a klein, I wouldnt worry about what year it is, sounds like you have got yourself a nice set up, and like its already been said they are getting harder to ge hold of. I was actually told that they have stopped importing them into this country.

Im sat here kicking my own face in now for selling it, the frame was a dream and rode a treat. But I needed the funds for my new one.

Well done on the buy. :wink:
    Niner Air 9 Rigid
    Whyte 129S 29er.
  • Blundell
    Scale 20... did you sell the Klein to get that lovely scale? Which one in your book rides / rode the best? (now that is a tough question!).

Was it linear blue? colour-wise.

Pavarossi dude, sounds like its an older bike that's been upgraded with newer stuff. I reckon after a few rides on it you'll be thinking to yourself, 'why was I even fretting about it', the riding will say it all!
    Gud luck!
  • Thanks for that, although I'm just back from aTrek shop after getting it serviced, guy said it's an 1998-99 model!!!!! Now that changes everything although the seller sent me the manual and it has 2004 on it so I'm really confused now. I just want to enjoy it but its gonna be hard when I could have spent nealy 100% too much on it!!
  • dixonpj
    dixonpj Posts: 75
    If the bike was falsely described as a 2006 model, you're entitled to a refund. Contact the seller and see if you can make any headway. If not, contact ebay customer services.
  • scale20
    scale20 Posts: 1,300
    Hi blundell,
    yeah I sold the Klein to get the scale. I wanted to fit a rear disc to it but after a long and exhaustive search for an adapter I gave up. There wasnt much more I could do with it. Yeah it was a lovely metalic type blue, always looked brand spankers.

As for the ride between the 2, that is a difficult one, its nearly a year now since i got rid. I found the klein frame had a lot more flex in it and never a dull moment riding it!! really wish i didnt get rid. :cry:

pavarossi,

Although you now have a cracking bike, i would be all over that seller about miss advertising it. theres a big difference between what it was added for and what you've been told by the trek shop. It would start me thinking if it was his to sell if he didnt know the year. Have you seen any proof of original purchase, don't mean to sound negative..
    Niner Air 9 Rigid
    Whyte 129S 29er.