Track helmet with visor

Rykard
Rykard Posts: 582
edited January 2008 in Track
Hi.

can anyone tell me where I can get a track helmet with visor like Chris Hoy/Vicky Pendleton have been photo'd wearing. Would it be suitable for a short commute? I wear glasses and having the spray coming up is annoying..

cheers
Rich
Cheers
Rich

A Vision of a Champion is someone who is bent over, drenched with sweat, at the point of exhaustion, when no one else is watching.

Comments

• Eddy S
    Eddy S Posts: 1,013
    The last UK importer of the Casco Warp II is selling off his stock of size L on eBay at the moment BUT..

I use one for racing. It’s a pretty tight fit (it's an aero helmet) and I don’t think you’ll get your glasses on under the helmet or visor – the visor doesn’t lift like a motorcycle helmet visor - it's fixed.

Also, the helmet has absolutely no ventilation. When I do a sprint or kilo effort (really short efforts), my head gets soaked. It’s great for racing but it's not designed for long rides or road use.
    I’m a sprinter – I warmed up yesterday.
  • Rykard
    Rykard Posts: 582
    The price looks a little prohibitive too lol

thanks for the help

rich
    Cheers
    Rich

A Vision of a Champion is someone who is bent over, drenched with sweat, at the point of exhaustion, when no one else is watching.