weather

Harry B
Harry B Posts: 1,239
edited January 2008 in The bottom bracket
The weather forcast for the weekend's looking good :D Hopefully out on the bike for a short ride on Saturday and then a nice long ride on Sunday :):)

What are your plans?

Comments

• CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    I'm dying to get out again but the strong winds forecast for our neck of the woods may put me off (literally and figuratively). May take the other half to the Lakes for a bit of a stroll instead, despite our managing to get a bit lost last time...
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    Harry B wrote:
    What are your plans?
    1. Get rid of this forking chest infection which I've had for 3 weeks now :roll:
    2. Don't get too pissed tonight when I'm out with Mrs Bronzie at her works do so that...
    3. ...I can get out tomorrow for a quick blast on the fixie (without coughing up lung hopefully)
    4. Ride the Harp Hilly 100 Reliability Ride Sunday without losing more lung, use of legs, breakfast etc
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    Stuff the wind, so long as it's dry....the Herety is Out !!! Whooooo !
  • Sunday looking good for me http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/day ... bray&day=2 Going to attempt my first half century.
    "BEER" Proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy
  • The weather seems to be conspiring against me, so I have to choose between going riding (and probably dying from pneumonia) or staying in the flat (and probably dying of boredom). Ah, what a dilema! But on the bright side, at least I get to choose my demise...

Those of you fortunate enough to get decent weather, I hope you have a good ride. Lucky sods :wink:
  • meagain
    meagain Posts: 2,331
    Very short combined CTC Easy Ride/CC Rural Ride tomorrow.

Slow job regaining even mediocre fitness at my age I'm finding - had planned a modest 150 miles for January, so far up to 210, so could be worse!

With luck be dry enough Sunday for a PTW outing! Does the Virago or the Savage most need a run, I wonder....

Nice weekend for all, I trust.
    d.j.
    "Cancel my subscription to the resurrection."
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    Bronzie wrote:
    1. Get rid of this forking chest infection which I've had for 3 weeks now :roll:
    2. Don't get too pissed tonight when I'm out with Mrs Bronzie at her works do so that...
    3. ...I can get out tomorrow for a quick blast on the fixie (without coughing up lung hopefully)
    4. Ride the Harp Hilly 100 Reliability Ride Sunday without losing more lung, use of legs, breakfast etc
    Oh dear..................
    1. Nope, still coughing chunks although finally feeling a bit better this morning
    2. Oh dear, wtf happened there!
    3. ....what, with this hangover?
    4. Forget it!

What a waste of a gorgeous weekend..............still on the plus side, at least I managed to wash my windows on Saturday :roll:
  • sithebike
    sithebike Posts: 213
    What a horrible weekend... worked all day on saturday, went down with a cold from hell on saturday.
    Woke up on sunday morning to the sound of birds singing in the trees, beautiful blue sky, no wind at all.
    It was a shame I could hardly move!! I have never felt so rough. Spent the day sat in the armchair wrapped up in the duvet.
    My wife went out in the car and came back and told me with great delight that it was a beautiful day and she had passed loads of cyclist... Just what I needed to hear
  • Wishing I hadn't looked at the forecast for Friday - heavy snow showers, 0 degrees, 30mph winds... Sigh. On the bright side, visibility is to be "very good" (you'd think the heavy snow might interfere but apparently not) so at least I'll be able to see my hands go blue and fall off from frostbite and I'll get a clear view of the lorry that I get blown under the wheels of.
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    [quote="jellybellywmb"]Sunday looking good for me http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/day ... bray&day=2 Going to attempt my first half century.[/quote]
    Ahh I know Melton Mobray, my girlfriend is near Grantham and I nearly bought a house in Croxton Kerrial last year. What's the riding like in the area?
  • It was great weekend in these parts, 2 hrs friday, an hour in the sun on dry roads on the carbon on saturday, and 3 hrs sunday. Odd gust of wind, but no rain, and some sunshine! Perfect.
  • I did a wedding once, it was clear, bright, windy, sunny and it snowed, all in 5 hrs. :?
    thats South Wales for you :!:
    http://twitter.com/mgalex
    www.ogmorevalleywheelers.co.uk

10TT 24:36 25TT: 57:59 50TT: 2:08:11, 100TT: 4:30:05 12hr 204.... unfinished business
  • a_n_t
    a_n_t Posts: 2,011
    this weekend I hope to be building a snowman!
    Manchester wheelers

PB's
    10m 20:21 2014
    25m 53:18 20:13
    50m 1:57:12 2013
    100m Yeah right.
  • feel
    feel Posts: 800
    Ahh I know Melton Mobray, my girlfriend is near Grantham and I nearly bought a house in Croxton Kerrial last year. What's the riding like in the area?[/i]

Croxton Kerrial? is that the village on the A607 that has a lot of nice looking, modern stone houses? Riding round Melton is pretty good lots of quiet lanes, plenty of hills although nothing massive and generally very pretty. A lot flatter and less interesting around Grantham i would suspect.
    We are born with the dead:
    See, they return, and bring us with them.