padlock recommendations for shed door

BigSpecs
BigSpecs Posts: 309
edited January 2008 in Workshop
I have an old garage (sorry to mislead in the title ;-) with two large wooden doors. I am looking to make it a little more secure (I realise that this kind of door can never be very secure due to its nature). I have invested in a new door hasp (is this the right word? the fold over metal bit that the lock attaches to) and need a padlock to fit it. I am looking to spend about 20 bucks and would prefer a concealed shackle (again, is this the right term?) to make it harder to get at.
Many thanks for any recommendations.

Comments

• Soldsecure have a reasonable name in testing locks, with 3 classes: gold silver and bronze. There is list of padlocks:
    http://www.soldsecure.com/Padlocks.htm
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Consider what will happen if you fit a bomb-proof lock - can they smash the door in or just bust the hinges - which is going to be more costly to replace - a bust lock or a pair of doors? The lock needs to be sufficiently robust to prevent enough of an obstable to a thief, your security is only as good as the weakest point. The piece that attaches to the door is called a hasp. If you look online at the likes of Screwfix or Toolstation, you'll find plenty of choices.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..