Anyone read Bikie

sonicred007
sonicred007 Posts: 1,091
edited January 2008 in The bottom bracket
Been reading the book, Bikie,,,, now I;m a young un, but the writers tales of club runs and in the 50s sound close ot idealistic.... no cars to worry about and so on

Also he made me get my head back into cycling - beeen moping a bit recently and even considered my desire to cycle had run dry.... must admit I am tiring of cycling round London - gets scarier every day

Comments

• Yeah, read it a couple of years back. Was good.
  • I haven't got round to finishing it. Got distracted by The Rider!
    Editor, Cycling Plus.
    Stop me and buy one at www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Got half-way through and found it pretty tedious so gave up. Matt Seaton's Escape Artist is a far more engaging tome.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • ChrisLS
    ChrisLS Posts: 2,749
    ...I'm afraid I found it a very boring book...by the time I got to the bit where he starts slagging off mountain bikes I gave up... :x :?
    ...all the way...'til the wheels fall off and burn...
  • sonicred007
    sonicred007 Posts: 1,091
    ChrisLS wrote:
    ...I'm afraid I found it a very boring book...by the time I got to the bit where he starts slagging off mountain bikes I gave up... :x :?
    I thought the MTB slagging was totally uncharacteristic and more a comment on himself not progressing with the tiimes

Admittedly it's a slower tale that other tales - Matt Seaton's is excellent

it's just some of the prose has absolute nuggets about why I love cycling and what differs it from other sports... you go as heard as you can, the pain increases, to stop is easy, but if you stop; then guilt creeps in.