seat post

wward
wward Posts: 27
edited January 2008 in Workshop
My seat post is about an inch too short so i am looking to buy a new one. The problem is its not a conventional type. The seat post is secured similar to the way handle bars were secured on older/cheaper bikes. i.e a long allen bolt going through the middle which tightens a clamp of sorts in side the head tube. To ajust the seat post the seat has to come off so i can get to the bolt in the seat post. the bike its off is an approx 5 to 8 yr old Moser.
I would like to know if any of u guys cud point me in the direction of some where i cud get one from. Im not sure of the diameter at the mo or the current length, i will measure up tomorrow after work.

thx

Comments

• heavymental
    heavymental Posts: 2,076
    Never heard of that system before?! Sounds rubbish aswell! I'd measure it up and hope you can get a normal post to fit.
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Does the frame come with an external seat collar to allow you to hold a normal post in place? If you can't fit a normal collar, you're probably stuck with this design of seatpost. Best to take it into your LBS to see what the options are - hard to make any recommendations without a picture.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..