SKS RaceBlades on a Giant SCR C4?

COVEC
COVEC Posts: 213
edited January 2008 in Workshop
Hi,

Has any one fitted RaceBlades on a SCR C4? If so, do they fit OK and are they effective? I have seen some on eBay but the seller is selling then because they do not fit their alu framed SCR very well, this leaves me wondering if they will be suitable for the carbon framed SCR.

Cheers
COVEC

Comments

• COVEC
    BUMP
    Anyone?

Cheers COVEC
  • Gary D
    Gary D Posts: 431
    COVEC,
    Can't see why they shouldn't fit.
    After all they are supposed to be "universal".
    The rears attach using mounting pads that go on the seat stays and the fronts attach to the forks.
    I can't think of an instance where it would be a problem except on maybe something with say unusual shaped forks like the Pinarello Prince?

I've said this before in other posts, but if you decide to go for them, don't put the pads directly on the frame - they will scratch it :x :x Use pieces of old cut up inner tube under the pads and you will be all right.

Hope this helps.

Gary.
    Oh and I feel like I've been raped by an Orangutan :shock: And I've got legs like Girders :lol:
  • milese
    milese Posts: 1,233
    Surely the Alu and carbon frames / forks have the same geometory? Hence will still be a dodgy fit.

I've got these on my alu SCR 1, they fit fine.

http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/details.a ... SAMUDR0225
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Milese wrote:
    I've got these on my alu SCR 1, they fit fine.

http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/details.a ... SAMUDR0225

I don't think they'll fit on the fit on the carbon frame, I don't think it's got the eyelets on the rear and front dropouts and a chainstay bridge. However they are good mudguards, had some on the Decathlon bike before it was returned and I just fitted some on my commuting bike yesterday.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • craker
    craker Posts: 1,739
    I don't think it's got the eyelets on the rear and front dropouts and a chainstay bridge. .

...but they don't need eyelets, just fork arms and seat stays.

They can withstand a fair bit of bending and tweaking, but I don't think they'll ever fit like they were made for the bike.
  • redddraggon
    mr_si wrote:
    ...but they don't need eyelets, just fork arms and seat stays.

Then you need to piss around with p-clips and the like. There still might not be sufficient clearances around the parts of the frame.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • COVEC
    Thanks guys,

There are no eyelets on the C4, so it will have to be the blades. My main concern was fitting to the seatstays as mine are quite wide and have a wishbone type of shape.
    I will let you know how I get on if I can blag some on the cheap from fleabay.

COVEC
  • jhop
    jhop Posts: 369
    'Then you need to piss around with p-clips and the like. There still might not be sufficient clearances around the parts of the frame.'

Raceblades do not need P clips or eyelets etc, as others have said, you just need front forks and rear seat stays and provided these are reasonably straight can't see why there would be any problems.

Clearance on the front one with the down tube can be an issue but usually clearance isn't an issue either surely this is the point of such blades?
  • redddraggon
    jhop wrote:
    'Then you need to wee-wee around with p-clips and the like. There still might not be sufficient clearances around the parts of the frame.'

Raceblades do not need P clips or eyelets etc, as others have said, you just need front forks and rear seat stays and provided these are reasonably straight can't see why there would be any problems.

Clearance on the front one with the down tube can be an issue but usually clearance isn't an issue either surely this is the point of such blades?

I never read the title of the post properly, and was talking about the SKS Chromoplastics rather than the raceblades.

EDIT: No I wasn't confused, It was the SKS Chromoplastics someone (MILESE) talking about. Therefore everything I said about eyelets and p clips was legitimate.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • redddraggon
    jhop wrote:

Milese wasn't talking about raceblades.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr