another annoying add

Random Vince
Random Vince Posts: 11,374
the one that comes in from the right hand side and covers half the text of the first couple of posts, its soo annoying.

and if anyone tells me to install firefox and the ad blockers then tough, i can't, partly due to using uni computers as well.

mainly using safari on the mac btw
My signature was stolen by a moose

that will be all

trying to get GT James banned since tuesday

Comments

• and if anyone tells me to install firefox and the ad blockers then tough, i can't, partly due to using uni computers as well.
    Tough for you, not me! :P

There is a way round it on Windows machines - use a U3 Cruzer. Assuming your admin hasn't disabled running software from a removable drive, which most don't, you can run Firefox on any Windows machine and be ad-free forever!
    Even if the voices aren't real, they have some very good ideas.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Yeah, those 'ADDS' keep me from sleeping. Soooooo annoying.
  • Random Vince
    its only sometimes, the add just positions itself above the text of the first one or two posts

at the moment it's not doing it, but sometimes it does, always when its something i really want to read!

that will be all

• Random Vince
    like this:
    bikeradarvc0.png

that will be all

• Anonymous
    I would assess from the image above that the problem is not on the site but in your browser settings, specifically in the 'view page as' settings. I've looked at this site in three different browsers, specifically IE 7, Opera and Firefox, and no problems. Opera is my default and if there were a problem, Opera has a fit to view setting and it works like a champ. You may also need to change your monitor resolution and window size settings. This is all on an IBM compatible machine, so your Mac may require settings I certainly don't know about.

I hope you get it figured.
  • Random Vince
    it does it in firefox for me too.

if i drag my browser window out to the full width of my screen (1680px wide) then it sorts it,

i've found that a browser width of 1000px is adequate for all websites and is wider than what I am taught to write websites to at uni.

as such, i don't feel it is an issue with my computer, since it is only bike radar that it happens on. i've not had any problems on any other forum

that will be all

• Anonymous
    It was strictly a suggestion. I have no problems with the format on this site at all. Like I said, it was a suggestion. All I know about Macs is that they rock for Photoshop and are virus free.
  • Random Vince
    i wasn't having a go at you

i was hopiing someone who can alter things on the site might read it and get on with making it work properly (that'll be a first for future i know)

that will be all