Hyperlink problem?

Racerfozzy
Racerfozzy Posts: 18
When using Iexplorer or Firefox on XP or windows 2000, on different PC's, clicking a hyperlink on the home page locks up the application.

However if I use safari as the browser, everything's ok.

I'm not exactly sure what's causing this or why, I just though you might like to know incase it's happening elswhere..

I'm not having problems with any other pages.

Cheers
Fozzy (not related..:o))

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    an example might be good. Seem fine for me. FF,XP. and earlier IE XP
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Must just be me then, cant think of a more specific example other than any link from the Bikeradar home page, no Joy with IE or FF but Safari fine....

Any other web page fine.

Is the web page built on a MAC?
  • Works fine for me, Firefox on Ubuntu.

Odd that it happens with different browsers, different OSs and different pooters. You have me stumped. :?

Maybe it's the way you're clicking the link! :mrgreen:
    Even if the voices aren't real, they have some very good ideas.
  • Racerfozzy

Don't have any version of Norton internet protection gubbins on those machines do you?
    John Stevenson
  • alan_sherman
    alan_sherman Posts: 1,157
    Same issue for me - link to the forum works but links to news storys from the splash page and IE locks up. Specifically teh review of the £40 road pedal just did this, and the fat cyclists latest offering.

Running corporate XP as OS and IE 6 with SP2.

Hope you get it sorted.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Got no probs with the links off main page, clcked on Genetic pedal review and Pink Hydro hose review with no probs.

Running XP SP2 with FF 2.0.0.11
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • In one case the PC has a corpoate firewall which can be a bit fussy and not 'user servicable'

And the other is running a mixture of Norton and Microsoft security, so I guess that explains why the Safari works; must be the Norton then....

Or the way I'm holding my face <gurn>

Bloody Microsoft!

Keep up the good work chaps, lovin' the site/mag

'Foz.
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    i like to stand on one leg while clicking links. I find this way has the most success
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Racerfozzy wrote:
    In one case the PC has a corpoate firewall which can be a bit fussy and not 'user servicable'

And the other is running a mixture of Norton and Microsoft security, so I guess that explains why the Safari works; must be the Norton then....

Or the way I'm holding my face <gurn>

Bloody Microsoft!

Keep up the good work chaps, lovin' the site/mag

'Foz.

running FF on XP with norton here and no probs.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown