Sunday riding photos

willy b
willy b Posts: 4,125
edited February 2008 in MTB general
Well on sunday i thought i'd photograph instead of ride, partly due to the fact most my riding gear is at uni, and i was at home lol :roll:

Some brilliant trails, and i just can't wait for them to dry out, be super fast then!

1024-3.jpg

2034-5.jpg

3027-2.jpg

4073-3.jpg

5064-2.jpg

6060.jpg

7046-4.jpg

8045bw.jpg

9076-2.jpg

10082-4.jpg

11092-4.jpg

12098-4.jpg

13104-3.jpg

14106-3.jpg

15110-2.jpg

16120-2.jpg

17122-1.jpg

18124-1.jpg

19125.jpg

Comments

• dave_hill
    dave_hill Posts: 3,877
    Some good work there fella!

Number 8 and 14 stand out, excellent shots!

Where are the woodland shots taken, I'm sure I recognise it from somewhere??? :?
    Give a home to a retired Greyhound. Tia Greyhound Rescue
    Help for Heroes
    JayPic
  • Inspiring....i can't wait till weekend now :D
  • cjw
    cjw Posts: 1,889
    Very nice indeed some excellent photography.

For me 8 and 14 also but add in 10 as well. :D
    London to Paris Forum
    http://cjwoods.com/london2paris

Scott Scale 10
    Focus Izalco Team
  • willy b
    Cheers for the comments guys! :) The woods are located near Ambergate in Derbyshire
  • Splasher
    Splasher Posts: 1,528
    Isn't there a rotor missing from 18? :wink:
    "Internet Forums - an amazing world where outright falsehoods become cyber-facts with a few witty key taps and a carefully placed emoticon."
  • willy b
    Yes Splasher :roll: Nowt wrong with good old fashioned Vees :shock:
  • Good set of shots there: 8,10 and 12 stand out for me. I really like seeing photos from other people's rides. Perhaps a new sub-division just for pics should be created? Or should we utilize the Rides section to greater effect?

I can only manage a maximum of 2 outings a week if I'm lucky at the mo, so it's cool to see others out. I too cannot wait until my local trails have dried up - been out building a few new lines which I'm dying to have a proper rag down without greasy off-camber roots ruining my day.
  • Splasher
    Splasher Posts: 1,528
    Of course you mean except they vary hugely in power dependant on the conditions, put heat into a tempered safety critical component, and use the mud you've just ridden through to grind your rim up. :roll:
    "Internet Forums - an amazing world where outright falsehoods become cyber-facts with a few witty key taps and a carefully placed emoticon."
  • Ave it. Proper rider, makes a nice change from flash harrys.
  • Some good pics there mate, i went riding in wharncliff woods in sheff a few weeks back, you ever been there? Some really nice trails and even a bit of that crazy North Shaw stuff!!
    I love the sound my tyres make on dusty single track!
  • hamboman
    hamboman Posts: 512
    12 is awesome.

Nice shoes man, what are they - my flatties just fell apart and I need to get summit new.

ps wish I was still at uni :(
  • willy b
    Cheers for the comments there folks!
    Think my brother does want to put a rear disc on, but due to funds and what not...Vees in the winter = horriable. Summer = little less horriable. But splasher as you said, soon as they get wet, not real point to them lol.

The trails are brilliant there, but Morty i totally agree, roots are the cause of all evil, on one jump on the day the landing is near a section of roots, one time my brother came down, landed a little on the roots, off he goes lol :roll: Can't wait to go down them when they are dry, be stupidly fast :D :shock:

Pics from other people's rides are cool, i agree!

As for the shoes, they are my old ones, there about 3/4 years old now, and i think they are from just when Animal started making shoes, don't really know though!

Wharncliffe woods are only about 15 minutes from where i am at uni, but as of yt i havn't been there, well not for a couple of years now. I just mainly ride in the Peaks, i can't get enough of the Peaks lol

Ps. There are more from other rides on my website, see it through my profile :roll: *shamless plug*
  • nice shots!!

2, 16 and 17 are my favourites as this is the type of terrain I like to ride (esp this time of year) also 5 because I like the idea of taking the alternative route as opposed to the easy fireroad down to the left of the piccy.

Ride on (and get more piccies to look at) :D
    www.27gears.com

Sore ribs.................I must start walking the trail 1st before steep descents into the unknown!
  • P.S is that Ryan Leach on Piccy Number 8? (Head Swells) :wink:
    www.27gears.com

Sore ribs.................I must start walking the trail 1st before steep descents into the unknown!
  • willy b
    Thanks alot guys! I really enjoyed taking the photos, but i kind of need a better flash :roll:
    The trails are brilliant around there, and not they are quite dry, so can't qwait to get home and try them out again! 8)
    Thanks!
  • Dohboy78
    Dohboy78 Posts: 172
    I think 8 has a really good composition! Nice work.