Quite astounding feats of fundie-mentalism

Clever Pun
Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
edited February 2008 in The bottom bracket
http://duggmirror.com/comedy/100_Greatest_Quotes_from_fundamentalist_christian_chat_rooms/

no offence meant to 'normal' christians, but these people aren't doing your arguments any good.

Enjoy...
Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
Fixed Pista- FCN 5
Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14

Comments

• Johnny G
    Johnny G Posts: 348
    Nice people aren't they? :roll:
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    edited January 2008
    jkxhkjvhxikdhvs
  • :shock:
    "Athiests as a Majority

This is what it would be like, if the majority of people were athiests.
    ATHIEST KID: Mom, I'm going to go fcuk a hooker.
    ATHIEST MOM: Okay, son.
    ATHIEST KID: Afterwards, I'm going to go smoke pot with my friends, since it's "not addictive."
    ATHIEST MOM: Okay, come home soon!

The athiest kid leaves the room. The father comes home from work several minutes later.

ATHIEST DAD: Hey!
    ATHIEST MOM: Hi, honey! I'm pregnant again. I guess I'll just get another abortion, since "fetuses don't count as human life."
    ATHIEST DAD: Okay, get as many abortions as you want!
    ATHIEST MOM: Oh, and don't go in the bedroom.
    ATHIEST DAD: Why not?
    ATHIEST MOM: There are two gay men fcuking eachother in there.
    ATHIEST DAD: Why are they here?
    ATHIEST MOM: I wanted to watch them do it for awhile. They just aren't finished yet.
    ATHIEST DAD: Okay, that's fine with me!

Suddenly, their neighbor runs into the house.

ATHIEST NEIGHBOR: Come quick, there's a Christian outside!
    ATHIEST MOM: We'll be right there!

The athiest couple quickly put on a pair of black robes and hoods. They then exit the house, and run into the street, where a Christian is nailed to a large, wooden X. He is being burned alive. A crowd of athiests stand around him, all wearing black robes and hoods.

RANDOM ATHIEST: Damn you, Christian! We hate you! We claim to be tolerant of all religions. But we really hate your's! That's because we athiests are hypocritical like that! Die, Christian!

THE END

Scary, isn't it?"

WOW....

I used to work with Scientologists. Even that did not prepare me for that load of ars3.
  • This, However, is Genius!

"I can sum it all up in three words: Evolution is a lie "

From an American Chat room I would imagine.....
  • Anonymous
    edited January 2008
    khgkbxojboxkjb
  • Granted, I am not a particularly religious person. That said, I will never openly attack anyone's beliefs, unless they border on comedy.

My scientology experience led me to be a little wary of some of the more hardened religious types. That said, I was the first to point out that I grew up with a religion that involved a MASSIVE boat with one of absolutely every animal on it. :D

When people become utterly blinded by a religion and will not even entertain a discussion about anything else, I always worry.

I am right a hell of a lot of the time! But I admit, not always! :)
  • meagain
    meagain Posts: 2,331
    "...beliefs, unless they border on comedy. "

Surely ALL beliefs that rest on totally unproven (and unprovable) myths, supreme beings, gods etc should be treated as comical?
    d.j.
    "Cancel my subscription to the resurrection."
  • Salsiccia
    Salsiccia Posts: 405
    Shouldn't this be in 'Soapbox'?

This section is about having a chat and a laugh, not discussing a serious and possibly inflammatory subject?

I don't go in soapbox because I know it is more *ahem* controversial. I'm hoping not to have to avoid the cake stop.
    I was only joking when I said
    by rights you should be bludgeoned in your bed
  • nolf
    nolf Posts: 1,287
    Allright-

First- These are americans- anything they say I'm not going to defend- they have serious issues with joining church and state, with joining chruch and brain, etc.

I wouldn't say these peope represent the majority of Christians- and these are people who have obviously... well.... stupid.

I hold christian beliefs but don't share many of the same ideas as these people.

Please take this discussion elsewhere- can't be bothered arguing.
    "I hold it true, what'er befall;
    I feel it, when I sorrow most;
    'Tis better to have loved and lost;
    Than never to have loved at all."

Alfred Tennyson
  • Anonymous
    edited January 2008
    jkjnihdikhvokd
  • i'm not religious. at all.

i don't care if your imaginary friend is better than someone elses imaginary friend. i will however, respect you and your beliefs, whatever they may be.

however, fundamentalist and those with extreme "beliefs," in ANY group are truly frightening. i don't even think it's funny.

i thought the third one down was particularly sad. :(
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    I was always pretty anti-religion partly, I suspect, through exposure to the kind of boll*cks posted on the site above. However my other half had quite a strict Catholic upbringing and despite the fact that she's now agnostic her parents are still keen Christians and attend Church etc... They've never tried to convert me, are extremely welcoming and have no time for extremism of any kind. I just hope that for every fundamentalist idiot there's a quiet majority getting on with their lives and respecting the feelings and beliefs of others.

And I'm starting to find that atheism is as becoming as self-righteous, blinkered and sanctimoniously finger-wagging as the religion it purports to condemn.
  • geoff_ss
    geoff_ss Posts: 1,201
    The worrying thing is that there are two people who hold views similar to the ones on the web site who are running for president of the USA as Republicans. Whether we like it or not the president of the USA is the most powerful man in the world. Now that IS scary.

Geoff
    Old cyclists never die; they just fit smaller chainrings ... and pedal faster
  • Harry B
    Harry B Posts: 1,239
    bikers46 wrote:
    jkjnihdikhvokd

Okay. no one seems to be going to ask so what's this all about? Just hitting the keyboard at random or is it particularly difficult to type when you're in a striaght jacket :wink:
  • pneumatic
    pneumatic Posts: 1,989
    Harry B wrote:
    bikers46 wrote:
    jkjnihdikhvokd

Okay. no one seems to be going to ask so what's this all about? Just hitting the keyboard at random or is it particularly difficult to type when you're in a striaght jacket :wink:

It is obviously a secret coded message (probably an acronym) dictated by a higher being through the medium of our correspondent who enters a sort of trance whilst posting her/his message.

It may be very important and contain the key to the universe. Trouble is, like most other revealed truths, we don't fully understand it and will soon start arguing about it and killing each other to defend our point of view.

Fast and Bulbous
    Peregrinations
    Eddingtons: 80 (Metric); 60 (Imperial)

• Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Not that I've had many deeply religious discussions lately but I do enjoy bringing this fella up and watching the incandescent rage some people get

250px-Touched_by_His_Noodly_Appendage.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spaghetti_monster

Salsiccia: The idea of that link is too laugh at others stupidity... it's hardly a rant

and how on earth can people saying stuff like this be deemed sane let alone able to function in society as a whole?
    In my opinion, if an animal in the wild like a swan is caught being gay it should be shot on sight, disinfected, and used to feed the poor.
    To me, religion is evil. It is manmade and man-centered. I have a belief. A belief in My Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

:lol:
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    [Replying to 'as for not seeing evolution it takes several million years... incase you missed that memo...']
    several million years for a monkey to turn into a man. oh wait thats right. monkeys dont live several million years.

lol
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    How can anyone beleive we evolved from monkeys heres a few questions for people who beleive that

1.If we did evolve from monkeys then how come babies arent born monkeys

2.Even Darwin said his theories were wrong before he died so why do you still believe them

3.do you really not believe the bible it says we were created in seven days not millions of years

4.how come we cant speak monkey

Just for a fact ape like creatures are monkeys Just in case certain people get on this thread

How stupid can some people be?[/img]
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Anonymous
    Harry B wrote:
    bikers46 wrote:
    jkjnihdikhvokd

Actually, I'm a spazz.
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    A great find Clever Pun! I've been chuckling away to myself since reading it - people've been looking at me funny. They make the frothing-at-the-mouth Stonecastle, if you remember him, seem only slightly misguided

This is the funniest thing I've read for quite a while:
    Gravity: Doesn't exist. If items of mass had any impact of others, then mountains should have people orbiting them. Or the space shuttle in space should have the astronauts orbiting it. Of course, that's just the tip of the gravity myth. Think about it. Scientists want us to believe that the sun has a gravitation pull strong enough to keep a planet like neptune or pluto in orbit, but then it's not strong enough to keep the moon in orbit? Why is that? What I believe is going on here is this: These objects in space have yet to receive mans touch, and thus have no sin to weigh them down. This isn't the case for earth, where we see the impact of transfered sin to material objects. The more sin, the heavier something is.
    If true, it would make the mountain stages of the TDF much more spectacular. Unless, of course, they've all been doping to increase their amount of sin to stop them floating off. :shock:
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • Harry B
    edited January 2008
    bikers46 wrote:
    Harry B wrote:
    bikers46 wrote:
    jkjnihdikhvokd

Actually, I'm a spazz.

Mmmmm
  • Anonymous
    pneumatic wrote:
    Harry B wrote:
    bikers46 wrote:
    jkjnihdikhvokd

It is obviously a secret coded message (probably an acronym) dictated by a higher being through the medium of our correspondent who enters a sort of trance whilst posting her/his message.

It may be very important and contain the key to the universe. Trouble is, like most other revealed truths, we don't fully understand it and will soon start arguing about it and killing each other to defend our point of view.

None of the above. I was typing trash.

As far as the truths thing, you obviously have me mistaken with a fundie. I haven't a clue why.

I really don't see how personal attacks are going to help anything, and making assumptions is never good.

This whole thread is somewhat mundane at it's best. I mean, really, who gives a rip about atheism vs fundieism. Certainly not this heathen.

I gotta say, you brits are way to important for me to go up against. :twisted:
  • Harry B
    bikers46 wrote:
    pneumatic wrote:
    Harry B wrote:
    bikers46 wrote:
    jkjnihdikhvokd

None of the above. I was typing trash.

Why just type trash?
  • Anonymous
    Because I can. I'm off this thread. This is just stupid.
  • Harry B
    bikers46 wrote:
    Because I can. I'm off this thread. This is just stupid.

Well done. Typing random letters on a key board can take a lot of effort I'm sure
  • Anonymous
    It's a freaking joke. Get a fucking sense of humor. Damn.
  • Harry B
    bikers46 wrote:
    It's a freaking joke. Get a ******* sense of humor. Damn.

And a very funny one at that. I thought you were leaving
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    :shock:

I used to work with Scientologists. Even that did not prepare me for that load of ars3.

What did ya do with scientologists gb3000??? :?: :?:
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • clanton
    clanton Posts: 1,289
    i'm not religious. at all.

i don't care if your imaginary friend is better than someone elses imaginary friend. i will however, respect you and your beliefs, whatever they may be.

however, fundamentalist and those with extreme "beliefs," in ANY group are truly frightening. i don't even think it's funny.

i thought the third one down was particularly sad. :(

Agreed. Any fundamentalism whether it be religious, political, cultural or racial (or anything else for that matter) can be extremely dangerous. Some of these people are funny, some sad and some downright dangerous and should be locked up.
    If only everyone in the world had a sense of humour and a sense of balance!
  • Anonymous
    At Heathrow, a 300-foot long red carpet is stretched out to Air Force One and President Bush strides to a warm but dignified handshake from Queen Elizabeth II.
    They ride in a silver 1934 Bentley limousine to the edge of central London where they board an open 17th century coach hitched to six magnificent white matching horses. They ride toward Buckingham Palace, each looking sideways and waving to the thousands of cheering Britons lining the streets, all is going well. Suddenly the right rear horse lets fly with the most horrendous, earth-rending, eye-smarting blast of gastronomic flatulence ever heard in the British Empire, including Bermuda, Tortola and the Falkland Islands. It shakes the coach. Uncomfortable, but under control, the two dignitaries of state do their best to ignore the whole incident, but then the Queen decides that's ridiculous.
    She turns to Mr. Bush and explains, "Mr. President, please accept my regrets. I'm sure you understand that there are some things that even a Queen cannot control."
    George W. Bush, ever the gentleman, replies, "Your Majesty, please don't give the matter another thought. You know, if you hadn't said anything, I would have thought it was one of the horses...."

Step right up.....place your bets!