amsbury to salisbury 20 mile ride/pic's

Comments

• Hi Paul,

Where do ride out from ?

I am based in Tidworth and ride a lot from Durrington and Amesbury. I recognize part of the route you did in the photos, down through the Woodfords, Stings house in the background and Amesbury werck. That is one of my fav routes starting from Durrington past stonehenge etc down through the Woodfords to Old sarum.

Check out my Post in the rides section "Bulford Durrington Amesbury Tidworth"

If you want to meet up let me know, weekends or weekday evenings.

Cheers

Robin
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    dhxcme wrote:
    nice pics
    alrite m8 been out on any trails lately.
  • Anonymous
    Rob Mundy wrote:
    Hi Paul,

Where do ride out from ?

I am based in Tidworth and ride a lot from Durrington and Amesbury. I recognize part of the route you did in the photos, down through the Woodfords, Stings house in the background and Amesbury werck. That is one of my fav routes starting from Durrington past stonehenge etc down through the Woodfords to Old sarum.

Cheers

hi' robin yeah can do just give as a shout when ya wana go out cant do this wk/end working all wk/ end though.. wot time do ya ride on wk days?
  • dhxcme
    dhxcme Posts: 1,467
    Done Llandegla a few times. Cannock chase. Can't wait till march, Cwm Carn for my birthday. 2 days of crazy riding folowed by getting home in time to destroy my liver.
  • Anonymous
    spot on m8 when in march you goin would'nt mind goin down for the day?
  • dhxcme
    20th, 21st. Travel up first morning then hit the freeride. Next morning / early afternoon roll on the DH and upllift then home head home at about 2.30 for ale.
  • Anonymous
    is there any trails 4 the HT down there? i will check out my wk commitments and get back 2 you neara the time.
  • dhxcme
    Not really it's all real hard core out there. On a 7" pair of boxxers my hands still went numb by the end of each run.

the freeride is a maybe but the big drop offs are pretty brutal. If you decide to do em. They have got some XC but I'm not travelling 4hrs for anthing but DH/FR.
  • Fully
    Fully Posts: 257
    hi, went for a 2o mile'a today with a few of my mates got 2 flat tyres along the way thorn's eh''

The thorns around these parts are ridiculous. I was out a couple of weeks back on the Marlborough downs, when i got back to the car i had 7 (SEVEN... Count 'em) 3/4" long thorns in my front tyre alone. Plus a couple in the back for good measure. I've never had it this bad anywhere else in the country, must be Wiltshire !!

Some of those pics look familiar, you wern't anywhere near Bulford camp were you?
    Forget your heart, it's your bank i wanna break, it's just yer money i'm after baby...

A Few Pics
  • Rob Mundy wrote:
    Hi Paul,

Where do ride out from ?

Cheers

hi' robin yeah can do just give as a shout when ya wana go out cant do this wk/end working all wk/ end though.. wot time do ya ride on wk days?

We ride most evenings leaving around 6.30 -7pm How about this wednesday there is usually a few of us, its always a good sociable ride. I will pm you my mobile number.
  • Anonymous
    Rob Mundy wrote:
    Rob Mundy wrote:
    Hi Paul,

Where do ride out from ?

Cheers

We ride most evenings leaving around 6.30 -7pm How about this wednesday there is usually a few of us, its always a good sociable ride. I will pm you my mobile number.
    only 1 prob dont have LIGHTS :( got load's of sylumes though :lol: try and get sum from wk. wot route ya going? you havn't got a full suss mongoose have you? yeah pm ya mobile i will send you mine.
  • We are going to do a route out onto the larkhill side of the range, providing the flags are not up. I have a light you can borrow for the evening its not the best but the rest of us have HID lights so there will no shortage of light. The route we are going to do will be wide ish tracks so we can ride 2 abreast anyway. i have been out with people on the same route with no lights and its been fine. If the flags are up we can do another route there are lots to choose from.

I ride either a marin indian fire trail HT or a Whyte 46 depending what mood i am in, most likey the HT on wednesday. I know a few people riding FS mongooses in the area though.

Your more than welcome to come along.

Robin
  • Anonymous
    Fully wrote:
    hi, went for a 2o mile'a today with a few of my mates got 2 flat tyres along the way thorn's eh''

The thorns around these parts are ridiculous. I was out a couple of weeks back on the Marlborough downs, when i got back to the car i had 7 (SEVEN... Count 'em) 3/4" long thorns in my front tyre alone. Plus a couple in the back for good measure. I've never had it this bad anywhere else in the country, must be Wiltshire !!

Some of those pics look familiar, you wern't anywhere near Bulford camp were you?

alrite budd have'nt been down there is it any good? minus the thorns. :twisted:
  • Fully
    Fully Posts: 257
    There's some half decent stuff on the hills around Tidworth/Bulford. A couple of short sharp climbs and some surprisingly good singletrack with a couple of well hidden very steep descents. It can be difficult stringing a good route together though. Robin, showed me around Collingbourne woods a while back, it has some great singletrack in there, but it would be a nightmare to ride in there with the recent rain we've had.

This week was looking promising for me until about 3 this afternoon :roll: . I may have to work on Sunday, nothing confirmed yet, but it's not looking good.

I still have your mobile number Rob, i'll be in touch a bit later in the week.
    Forget your heart, it's your bank i wanna break, it's just yer money i'm after baby...

A Few Pics