wtf??? irish people

Will Snow
Will Snow Posts: 1,154
edited January 2008 in The Crudcatcher
people kept sayin this place was dead, hence all the new threads :lol: plus its half four in the mornin an im not tired. anyway down to business. met a rather nice irish lass a wee while back, can just about understand her... well apart from she always says "whats the craic" and i have no idea what it means, and neither does wikipedia. need the gang here!!!

damn it im bored
i ride a hardtail

Comments

• What's the craic? Craic being an Irish language word for good times/ gossip/music/ drinking or good clean fun.
    If asked this question by an Irish person, you are expected to give a reply which includes information on how you are, what you are doing, where are you going, with whom are you going there, have you any interesting gossip one might like to hear about, and so on.
    8) :roll:
    if you're not crashing, you're not trying.
  • Bikedevil
    Bikedevil Posts: 1,156
    What;s the crack? whats going on basically
    Brought to you by:
    Trix©orp Industries

For everything & anything pointless
  • Will Snow
    ... right then.
    i ride a hardtail
  • Yep, agree with all the above and add that craic also means "atmosphere", as in "Great craic in the pub last night!"

Bloomin irish! Ask her what's the difference between "idiot" and "eejit" will you?

According to a recent discussion they both mean idiot, but are different words rather than just different pronounciation of the same word :shock: :roll: Gods knows what that's supposed to mean!
    Proved by testing to be faster than a badger.
    The world's ultimate marmite bike
  • Bikedevil
    Bikedevil Posts: 1,156
    eejit is more daftness and clumsey, i use it all the time aswell as cretin.
    Brought to you by:
    Trix©orp Industries

For everything & anything pointless
  • scotttomo
    scotttomo Posts: 531
    What about feck? So is it the irish for the english 'f' word then? or is it just a nicer way of sayin it or am i mistaken completely? and it will turn out that feck aint even a proper word :oops:
    "If i was a slug i don't think i could handle it, i'd just throw myself in the salt pot" -Karl pilkington

Whyte 46, i fall off it alot!!
  • Will Snow
    ok, so i worked out what craic means, now she says something is beezer. what the hell???
    i ride a hardtail